Thread: grid autoscroll when zoom < 100 and locked columns (Chrome)

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default grid autoscroll when zoom < 100 and locked columns (Chrome)

Settings:
    • Grid with at least 1 locked column
    • browser zoom < 100%
    • Chrome (IE, Mozilla seem to be OK, though there is some UI inconsistencies in IE)
    • Windows
    Bug: when scrolling the grid down, given the above settings, the grid will scroll back up by itself.
    Demonstration: The bug is reproduced in this sencha fiddle. Just run, zoom out Chrome, scroll the grid down, and watch it scroll itself back up.
    Is there a fix for this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Unfortunately browser zooming is not supported.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    Unfortunately browser zooming is not supported.
    What kind of reply is this? How come it just so happens that ie and mozilla somehow supports this zooming, but not chrome? This kind of reply gives a very bad name to sencha! everything seems to behave ok during zooming out! Except this issue with the grid! Even your locked grid example has this issue! "No support" should never be an answer if the other browsers have no issue! This is obviously a bug!

Can we review this answer please?
    Thanks.

Vote Rating

Dear "helpful support guy"..! Here is a thought! If you'd ask a few questions and spend the time to understand the problem, you'd realize that there are a few details you can get to work out if one CAN fix this bug!

Chrome is the only issue here. I tested it in Firefox and ie. The one thing that stands out is as follows:

1. if you zoom in an uneven percentage (like 67%) then the problem arises. If it is even number like 60% then there is no problem.

2. If you take the scrolbar and scrol it all the way to the bottom of the grid, then it stops and does not scrolls automatically slow upwards. This again only in odd numbered zoom percentage.

3. I tried to zoom IN to see if this is the same case, but I only get options for even numbered percentages for zomming in. That behaves but I think it may be the fact that it is in even numbers.

So based on this, to me it sounds like you are having some sort of padding or something that forces the screen to scroll upwards when the percentage is in zoom out in odd numbers.

Is this perhaps something you can use to see if your original answer actually applies here?

Oh the sarcasm??? Is the lack of support for bugs on this site. After spending days on end to get answers on the web or through the coding, I keep bumping in unswared replies or the likes of your reply.

Totally unhelpful..

You may want to argue that one needs to pay for support - I disagree as we work hard, we point out the bugs, and instead you release fixes under payment. We don;t get anything for our months of bug tracking and fixing. Maybe you change your mind - from what I see and hear i think not, and I am also under the impression that should I pay and get a support package, I may still end up with an awsomey buggy framework. No thanks.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

3 years later... Still not supported...

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

It is been 4 years. can we get a reply please. this is really bad for our business. I can't tell the client to use a specific browser.