Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Appearances Rebind Warnings and Errors

  1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56

    Default Appearances Rebind Warnings and Errors

    Super pumped for 3.1 and GWT 2.6!

    I just updated to 3.1 and am getting a ton of issues working with styles and Appearances. I've attached the full Development Mode Log Window to this message. Generally, there were some subtle changes in the styles which I had to change to make my custom appearances match - no problem.


    The real issue is that I get a ton of warnings when rebinding, which I think might be causing the CSS resources to not be generated properly. Further complicating the issue, is that my 'pretty' setting seems to be ignored, as all styles are obfuscated, despite the configuration property:

    <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.style" value="pretty" />

    in my module file.

    Even worse, the warning line numbers don't seem to actually line up with the CSS source files, so I'm really at a loss on how to debug.

    Does anyone have any insight into what these problems could be?

    Thanks,

    E


    PS. Upgrade Java 7, GWT 2.6, GXT 3.1b, AppEngine 1.9.0 all at once.... what could go wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Hey guys,


    To try to troubleshoot this, I removed any custom styles from the application and then completely cleared out my application. To clear everything, I did the following:


    1. Removed war/app (GWT files)
    2. Removed my GWT user temp files .user/AppData/Temp
    3. Cleaned/Rebuilt
    4. Opened 127.0.0.1 in Incognito Mode in Chrome.


    I still receive the large log in my Development Mode. I could live with the warnings, but my stlyes are still being obsufucated and it seems to be ignoring the <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.style" value="pretty" /> setting.


    Is anyone else experiencing this?


    Thanks,


    E
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    Code:
    com.moose.admin.common.client.resources.style.Styles
    Well on the plus side, it doesn't look to be something we broke from GXT changes!

    Without seeing that interface and associated code (the clientbundle it is declared in, the css files it references) it is hard to saw what might be wrong, but so far it doesn't look GXT related. My one suspicion is that you might have some GWT-Incubator code somewhere on your classpath - before ClientBundle was in GWT it was in that project, and was never properly updated or removed.

    The line
    Code:
    <set-configuration-property name="CssResource.style" value="pretty" />
    is correct, but your placement in the .gwt.xml file can be important - can you share this (and any other) .gwt.xml file in your project? The general rule is to first list any inherits statements, and then do your own specific overrides - replace-with, set-property, set-configuration-property, etc. If you list it earlier, it might have its value overridden by a later inherited module.

    One more thing to try - compile the full application, and set enable strict mode. Compiling will give us a more complete picture of what GWT thinks is wrong, and enabling strict helps to show other issues - sometimes GWT thinks an error is non-fatal, doesn't log it, and the moves on, and only later notices that something else can no longer compile as a result.

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Colin,You hit it right on the head: we had an old GWT-Incubator Jar hanging out on the classpath. It wasn't even used in the code, but just hanging out, ruining everything. Thank you so much for pointing that out. It's unlikely I'd EVER have found that.Thanks again!E

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    I got really lucky - there is a reaaaallly long thread around here somewhere of trying to debug an apparently random failure in a project, with all signs pointing to our CSS being invalid, and eventually we discovered that stale experimental code really doesn't belong in a modern project .

    Glad you got it sorted, and looking forward to your feedback on GXT 3.1!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •