13 Mar 2014 6:39 AM #1
Building but not correctly
I have an extjs project that when I build using "sencha app build package" builds successfully without errors, but duplicates the login page. When a team mate of mine builds on his machine using the exact same file he is not having this issue. I have tried uninstalling sencha cmd and re installing it several times. I need to be able to build this project without relying on team mates. Any suggestions?
13 Mar 2014 7:14 AM #2
I have had similar issues...
It is important to understand that Sencha Command is not a tool all by itself, it depends on other tools. Specifically the following:
- Cordova (for Native)
- JDK 7
- MSBuild (for Windows native)
- xcodebuild (for iOS native)
- ADT (for Android native)
- Sencha Command: sencha which
- Cordova (for Native): cordova -v
- Ant: ant -version
- JDK 7
- java -version
- Windows: echo %JAVA_HOME%
- Not Windows: echo $JAVA_HOME
- Ruby: ruby -v
- Compass: compass -v
- MSBuild (for Windows native): msbuild /version
- xcodebuild (for iOS native): xcodebuild -version
- ADT (for Android native): adb version
13 Mar 2014 8:48 AM #3
Thank you for your reply. After checking the outputs of both machines I have found that they are both versioned exactly the same.
13 Mar 2014 9:27 AM #4
That is an indication that the difference is either with your OS (which it probably isn't) or some part of the configuration specific to your application. At this point I would recommend that you run Sencha Command with the debug flag and see if anything stands out in the resulting output.
sencha --debug app build package
Also assuming you have this project in source control, compare anything currently showing as different in your copy with what is currently in the repository.
Something is different and/or wrong, the difficulty is with finding what.
13 Mar 2014 10:03 AM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Antioch, IL
- Vote Rating
I would agree with @jvalentino in that this is likely a source control problem.
I've worked on a number of projects in which the working folder gets polluted - files which are either ignored or not checked in, remnants from various branches, and other quirks. These can be very difficult to debug.
My advice would be to check out the projects into a brand new folder and try running.
It's unlikely that the same branch of your app, running the same version of Cmd and other dependencies, is spitting out two different builds. If a fresh checkout of the project in a new folder doesn't solve the issue then all of the evidence points to some environmental problem.
13 Mar 2014 11:51 AM #6
Thank you both for your help. I ended up just deleting the local file and mapping to a new one. It is working fine now. We are now in the process of dedicating a vm for the purpose of building. It wont fix this problem if it comes up again, but will rule out cmd right away if we are using the same machine at least.Again, thank you both.
9 Jul 2014 2:39 AM #7
I have the same error. None of that suggestions fixed my problem.