Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mx_starter will become famous soon enough

Default [SOLVED] A huge bug in a grouped treepanel - itemdblclick passes the wrong record!!!

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.1 / 4.2.0
    Browser versions tested against:
    • ALL
    Description:
    • itemdblclick event on a treepanel with grouping feature active, passes the WRONG RECORD in some cases!!!
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • 1. Open this fiddle and use 4.2.1 for the framework and activate the JS console:
      https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/4fa/preview
    • 2. Double click the first record (named Kevin Malone) - the console will show you the right record
    • 3. Collapse the first group (the group which holds Kevin Malone, department: Accounting)
    • 4. Now - doubleclick the record on the second group (named Michael Scott) and look at the console again
    • 5. Now the passed record contains Angela Martin, which is the second one in the previos group!!!
    You can laugh on me, but it performs like the dblclick event is using the mouse coordinates to retrieve the record???

Am i right?

The fiddle works correct when using 4.2.0.

The code is copied directly from the grouping feature example in sencha docs with minor changes made to illustrate the issue
    Last edited by mx_starter; 24 Apr 2014 at 4:20 AM. Reason: problem solved

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of

Thanks for the report. This is an existing issue which was resolved in 4.2.2. I tried your test case out against 4.2.2 and it worked as expected.

Join me at SenchaCon 2016!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well, as 4.2.2 is not publicly available, is there any way for fixing this out in 4.2.1.883?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any advices for fixing this out, please?
    At least, you could point which source file contains the bug?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ola, guys, have to aks it again - is there an easy way to overcome this bug using 4.2.1 only? If the error is in a single source file - can you please tell me which one is?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well, today i managed to solve this bug for myself and still to use the 4.2.1.883 version.
    As it is reported fixed in 4.2.2, i'll not explain in details here.
    If someone else needs the solution, feel free to contact me.
    Finished with a small minus sign for the support team.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of

Apologies for not replying sooner -- I thought I had. I remember looking this up and not being able to find the actual bug that led to the fix, which I need to track the file changes. Clearly I never circled back to share my findings. Thanks for following up with your offered solution.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In fact, this bug has been discussed here many months ago:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...d-Grouping-Bug

Unfortunately - i found this thread several hours after reaching my own solution digging within the source for about 2 days

Just to find out the solution was similar. Anyway, keep going

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating

The bug fix to which you linked involved changes to 28 files, and the notes indicates that it resolved numerous issues, so I'm glad you were able to get to a solution that worked for you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    The bug fix to which you linked involved changes to 28 files, and the notes indicates that it resolved numerous issues, so I'm glad you were able to get to a solution that worked for you.
    Personally, i did not changed anything in the source files - just used a small override

Thread Participants: 1