Thread: How do I create a symbol from an existing animation?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default How do I create a symbol from an existing animation?

I already have an animation set up, and I'd like to convert to a symbol. I try to select all of the objects, but the create symbol button is greyed out in the Symbols panel. The only time it is not greyed out is when I select only one object.

I'm trying to do this, found in the help docs:

Symbols are especially useful in many situations and below are some examples where symbols can be employed for great effectiveness.

Copying a complex animation to another project: save the animated part as a symbol, export, and import in the other project.
    source: http://docs-origin.sencha.com/animat...ncepts_symbols

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Select the object (or objects) that you want to convert to a symbol, and then go to Library->Symbols and click 'convert to symbol' button [+]

This will convert the current selection to a symbol. To edit a symbol, double click it in the symbol panel.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Like I said in the original post, when I select multiple objects, the + button is greyed out. I've tried a lot of variations, but the only way for the + button to be enabled is to select only one object.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have the same problem.
    Is someone have a solution for that ?

@miro.bojic : Did you solve your problem ?

Thank you

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have the same problem : impossible to create a symbol with several object, impossible to create a symbol from a scene. Is there a solution for that ? Thank you

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The solution is to press "ALT" key while selecting all the objects in the scene, so you can create a new symbol with all this objects.