Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ExtJs 5 = Ext Js + Sencha Touch ??

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: ExtJs 5 = Ext Js + Sencha Touch ??

I want to know if the objective of ExtJS5 is to be the next all-in-one developer system for desktop and mobile devices ?
    I mean, i can develop an webapp-hybrid with EXTJS5 , compile with sencha cmd, and publish in android market for smartphones, tablets, etc... ? Or for this i need to continue using Sencha Touch. ?

Manel
    -------------------
    Manel Juarez

2. And one proposal for youIf you want your application to work on: smartphones and tablets --> use Sencha Touchdesktops and tablets --> use ExtJSdesktops, tablets, smartphones --> create two applications - one in ExtJs, second in Touhc

Sencha Premium Member Dejan Beciric's Avatar
    Answers

ExtJS and Sencha Touch have different user experience. ExtJS should be use for desktop web browsers and tabletsSencha Touch should be use for tablets, phones, and other touch devices.

Prior version of ExtJS could be also used for tablets - in version 5, more features for touch devices are added (events), so it could be easier to use ExtJS applications on touch devices.

Which platform to choose for tablet then ?

Well, you have to see the requirements ? Should the application work on web browsers, or in mobile phones too with native packages ? Which UI will your clients prefer - ExtJS like or Sencha Touch like ?

Hope these questions should make your choise easier.

Sencha User
    Answers

Dejan, i have a question about your response.
    If i choose extjs 5 to develop an app for tablets and smartphones, could i compile it and publish on Google Play Store and Apple Appstore ?

Manel
    -------------------
    Manel Juarez

Answers

No Manel, it is not possible. extjs 5 applications works from browser, Touch applications could be packed, publish and run like native android or apple applications

Answers

And one proposal for youIf you want your application to work on: smartphones and tablets --> use Sencha Touchdesktops and tablets --> use ExtJSdesktops, tablets, smartphones --> create two applications - one in ExtJs, second in Touhc

Sencha User

Any reason why we can't publish ExtJS 5.x as an app for tablet?

Answers

There is no fundamental / technological restrictions here just that the tooling (Cmd) defaults are not setup for Ext JS native packing and we don't test or support Ext JS applications on phones. That said, the user experience is the key factor. Sencha Touch as the UI components most mobile apps will need. Ext JS has UI components desktop apps need.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member robboerman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dejan Beciric View Post
    No Manel, it is not possible. extjs 5 applications works from browser, Touch applications could be packed, publish and run like native android or apple applications
    Erhm, that's not true. ExtJS runs in the Browser just like Sencha Touch. It would be no problem packaging an ExtJS app in Apache Cordova or Phonegap or even CocoonJS. The only thing is that ExtJS is targeted at desktop and tablets and has a UI that is optimized for that. The Sencha Touch UI is better suited for mobile phone form factors.

So yes, you can package an ExtJS app, but you shouldn't do it to create a mobile phone app
    Rob Boerman

2Gears.com
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Blog: 2gears.com/blog

Answers

@robboerman - You are right !We can pack it, but I think not from Sencha's cmd tool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast