Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    narenowm is on a distinguished road

Default Buffered Render Grid with buffered store shows the loading for event

Hi,
    We are trying to understand how buffered store leading and trailing buffer zone effect the maximum cache size of records. Please find our test data below.

1) Why is the scenario of pageSize:50 and purgePageCount: 1 not working? Is there some edge case behavior need to be taken care or do we need to follow some rules associated with pageSize, purgePageCount and buffer zones?

2)Can somebody explain the logic associated with the max size of contacts in page for a scenario of purgePageCount: 2 and different PageSize 50, 100, 250 to be 250,400 and 800. How is buffer zone effecting the calculation of maximum contacts in the cache

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/4r7

| pageSize (50) | pageSize (100) | pageSize (200) |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pc | maxcontacts | max contacts | maxcontacts |
    ------------------------ |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | infintite load wheel spinning | 300 | 600 |
    2 | 250 | 400 | 800 |
    3 | 300 | 500 | 1000 |
    4 | 350 | 600 | 1200 |
    5 | 400 | 700 | 1400 |

*pc - purgeCount

Thanks,
    narenowm

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light Gary Schlosberg is a glorious beacon of light

When I run your test case, I definitely see the issue, and in 4.2.2 as well. It seems to affect the page cache when the grid is first starting out, limiting it to the purgePageCount instead of the purgePageCount+required buffered range. This seems to have been fixed in 4.2.3, however -- your test case runs as expected.

I personally don't know all of the math involved in calculating the required buffer range. The docs for pageSize and purgePageCount indicate it is based on pagesize, leadingBufferZone and trailingBufferZone. I guess the real answer is in the code, but you might have at this page in the distribution, which can help you see what's going on with infinite scrolling and easily play with the numbers:
    examples/grid/infinite-scroll-grid-tuner.html
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com