Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Vasanthoo7 is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Commad switches for logging and deminify JavaScript

Sencha Commad switches for logging and deminify JavaScript

Hi All, I would need your assistance with couple of issues.I am trying to see if there is Sencha Command switch I can use to disable all the logging except for warn and error messages. This is for the production environment. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful of if there is another way in EXT to do it if Sencha Cmd cannot do it.?? I noticed in the docs sencha#debug=true but this does not work....My second question was if there was a way in Sencha Command to generate javascript source maps from the optimized code we have for prodcution. The purpose of this is to debug any issue we might have in production by recreating original sources from compresses JavaScript. Does Sencha Command have any switches for this or if there is another way to do it?I really appreciate your help wit this.!!

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

For production build properties check your applications .sencha/app for .properties file.
    Specifically the defaults.properties and production.defaults.properties.
    If a switch exists for what you are trying to accomplish it will be in one of those files.
    You can set the flags you want to override in the production.properties file.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Vasanthoo7 is on a distinguished road

I tried overriding one of the switches to using uglify in the production.properties. The terminal gives an error message saying it is not implemented i guess the compression with uglify does not happen with Sencha Command yet.Its strange that the command line reference docs for sencha command shows the sencha compile concatenate -u option for uglify but the compiler throws the error saying it is still not implemented. I did even upgrade the version of my sencha command and it throws the same error.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

Yes that is true uglify compression is not implemented yet. There is a open Jira ticket for this SDKTOOLS-574. Here's the link to the report of this issue: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?270310
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Thread Participants: 1