Thread: Possible to generate a Ext JS project from Architect then be used in a Flask project?

Sencha Premium Member

Default Possible to generate a Ext JS project from Architect then be used in a Flask project?

I tried to use Arthitect to generate a CarListing sample project, then copy the whole folder to Flask project's static folder, then copy the index.html to Flask's templates folder & modified the urls. When I start my Flask application and browse the web from Chrome, nothing happened. Seems bootstrap.js is still trying to load all the js files from /ext/* folders not /static/CarListing/ext/*. How can I make it work?

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haha001 View Post
    I tried to use Arthitect to generate a CarListing sample project, then copy the whole folder to Flask project's static folder, then copy the index.html to Flask's templates folder & modified the urls. When I start my Flask application and browse the web from Chrome, nothing happened. Seems bootstrap.js is still trying to load all the js files from /ext/* folders not /static/CarListing/ext/*. How can I make it work?
    Not sure it would work "just like that." Did you look in your Chrome console for errors?
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member

Default yes there are some error from Chrome debug

??.PNG
    I did changed the appFolder as below. but looks like it's not working.
    Ext.application({
    appFolder: '/static/CarListings/app',

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haha001 View Post
    ??.PNG
    I did changed the appFolder as below. but looks like it's not working.
    Ext.application({
    appFolder: '/static/CarListings/app',
    Looks like your mapping is off. 'app' is not in the root of your web server according to the folder structure (I assume).
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jminnick View Post
    Looks like your mapping is off. 'app' is not in the root of your web server according to the folder structure (I assume).
    what does 'mapping is off' mean? Do you mean there is something wrong with what I do with my Flask application (not need to modify anything on the CarListing folder of Ext JS)?

I uploaded my code to github at
    [email protected]:zhongzhu/extjs_flask_integration.git

I'd appreciated it if you could spend a minute to help have a look. Thanks in advance! And I'll review the Flask user guide to see if there's something I missed to configure it.

Sencha Premium Member

It turns out to be a Flask issue, we need to serve the static files from Flask like [email protected]('/app/
    ')def static_proxy(path): # send_static_file will guess the correct MIME type return app.send_static_file(os.path.join('CarListings/app', path))