Thread: Sencha Architect Issue?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: Sencha Architect Issue?

Hi,

When I drag the Editable Plugin to a Touch Grid, it works as expected. I've been able to get everything working. However, when I add a new Touch Grid, or change a column, the editable plugin stops working. It pops out like it should, but no fields show up.

Essentially it appears to be one-time working deal until I add another grid or column to the existing touch grid. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Zac

2. I have a work around for the issue. In Editable.js, there is a conditional statement that is not being fired, causing the values and columns not to show up properly. It's around line 110-113, not sure the exact line of the original file because I've added some logs in there, but in the function "getEditorFields" there is a line which holds "if (column.getEditable()) {"This is checking to see if that value is true in order to render the editable plugin. By default, it's false. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe when adding the plugin in Sencha architect it's supposed to set that value to true. Comment that line out, and it should return to normal.

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers

Moving this question to the Sencha Architect Forums. This is the best place to have your Architect specific issues addressed.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Hi Zac,

Can you please clarify a bit for me?

1) What are the steps to reproduce the problem you're having, exactly? e.g. "drag out touch grid, add editable column, edit column X to have property Y", etc...

2) Is the problem you're seeing happening while in architect, or while previewing your application in the browser / on a phone?

Thanks!
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Reply

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

1.) - I add the editableplugin under "extensions->grid plugin" to a grid in the project inspector. I don't modify or change any properties in the columns (other than the dataIndex).

A normal process flow for me goes like this:
    1 - I create a panel, add a touch grid, add columns and assign all of the columns to their respective dataIndex (which is linked to a working store with a model). After the columns are added and I test and make sure the grid is working with all of the appropriate data, I then drag and drop in the editable plugin. 100% of the time it works the first time (viewing it on the web after saving).

Now, let's say I go and make another grid, using the same sequence...I add a panel, add a touch grid, add the columns, configure the store and model, etc. This time, the editable plugin works for the second grid, but not the 1st. I now have 19 grids with only a few working.

Here's the odd thing -- Let's say I go back into sencha architect and delete the editable plugins and re-add them. They then all work -- until of course I add another grid using the same sequence mentioned above.

Here are some screenshots showing the issue.

Thanks,

Zac
    Attached Images Attached Images

very strange, Zac, I'm sorry you're having this problem!

It's not clear to me whether this is an Architect issue or an issue with the Touch Grid (e.g. a framework bug?) itself, so would you mind perhaps sending me a copy of your project? You can either zip up the folder, or go to File -> Archive project, and either link me to download it via a PM, or email it to [email protected] if that's easier.

It'd be ideal if you can archive that project in its non-working state...

Just to clarify on your screen shots: The issue is in the screen shot where you've just got a 'delete' button and you're not seeing the fields to edit, correct?
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Hi,

That is correct. This is not just with the editable plugin, but it also applies to the view options plugin as well.

I am sending you a project which demonstrates the issue.

Thanks so much,

Zac

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I have a work around for the issue. In Editable.js, there is a conditional statement that is not being fired, causing the values and columns not to show up properly. It's around line 110-113, not sure the exact line of the original file because I've added some logs in there, but in the function "getEditorFields" there is a line which holds "if (column.getEditable()) {"This is checking to see if that value is true in order to render the editable plugin. By default, it's false. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe when adding the plugin in Sencha architect it's supposed to set that value to true. Comment that line out, and it should return to normal.