Thread: Unable to get property 'detach' of undefined or null reference ( list )

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Unable to get property 'detach' of undefined or null reference ( list )

I'm using sencha touch 2.3.1.
    I have a list which on clicking opens a new view.
    It works fine most of the time.
    But sometimes, when I open a list and go back to my main list view, I get the following error:
    Unable to get property 'detach' of undefined or null reference
    Normally, most of the devices ignore that error and continue working. But that's not the case with windows 8 desktop apps. The app crashes instantly.

I think this happens because the view I opened is not destroyed. When I add an Id to that view and try again, I get the following error sometimes.

[WARN][Ext.Component#constructor] Registering a component with a id (`id-reportrender`) which has already been used. Please ensure the existing component has been destroyed (`Ext.Component#destroy()`.
    Is there any way to resolve this?
    I tried manually destroying the view before pushing it by using the following code:

Code:
    if(Ext.getCmp('id-reportrender'))
    Ext.getCmp('id-reportrender').destroy();
    where id-reportrender is the id of the view opened.
    But this didn't work for me. I get the same error ( Unable to get property 'detach' of undefined or null reference ) .

Please help me resolve this.
    Thanks

Sencha User

Default Me too....

I'm also running into the same error.

Plz help.

Abhi.
    --
    Abhi

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Default IE11 gives error for Ext.DomQuery.<< methods >> e.g. select , columns.

IE11 gives error for Ext.DomQuery.<< methods >> e.g. select , columns.

we are getting same issue in our jsunit. same jsunit test is working fine on all other browser and as well on IE except IE 11 .

jsunit code from where it gives error is:

varhiddenElements = Ext.DomQuery.select('input[type=hidden]',elem);OR
    Error message is:"Unable to get property 'columns' of undefined or null reference"Stack trace follows:TypeError: Unable to get property 'columns' of undefined or null reference
    below is the stack trace:
    Stack trace follows:TypeError: Unable to get property 'select' of undefined or null reference at populateHiddenDefaultValueVar (file:///L:/XXXXX/codebase/netmarkets/javascript/components/multivalueinputcomponents.js:292:3) at ABC.multiValue.initialize (file:///L:/XXXXXX/codebase/netmarkets/javascript/components/multivalueinputcomponents.js:142:3) at testShowOneMoreWithUnusedAvailable (file:///L:/XXXXXX/codebase/jsunit/netmarkets/javascript/components/multivalueinputcomponentsTest.html?cacheBuster=1406796944960:98:5) at JsUnitTestManager.prototype.executeTestFunction (file:///L:/XXXXXXX/codebase/jsunit/app/jsUnitTestManager.js:601:9) at JsUnitTestManager.prototype._runTest (file:///L:/XXXXXX/codebase/jsunit/app/jsUnitTestManager.js:335:5) at JsUnitTestManager.prototype.doneLoadingPage (file:///L:/XXXXXX/codebase/jsunit/app/jsUnitTestManager.js:251:9) at JsUnitTestManager.prototype._callBackWhenPageIsLoaded (file:///L:/XXXXXXX/codebase/jsunit/app/jsUnitTestManager.js:578:5) at Unknown script code (Unknown script code:1:22)