Thread: Sencha Cmd Upgrade leaving Architect Metadata unchanged

Default Sencha Cmd Upgrade leaving Architect Metadata unchanged

Hi all, The problem in short: When upgrading a Sencha Architect (Touch) app with Sencha Cmd, it upgrades the app.js file, but leaves the corresponding Architect's metadata file untouched. The problem in detail: I have upgraded an existing Sencha Architect (Touch) app-project with Sencha Cmd 4.0.4.84, because Architect told me to do this. So i ran 'sencha app upgrade -noframework' in the Architect's app project folder (where the ./app/ folder is). This ended with a merge error for the app.json file. After resolving the merge error, i ran 'sencha app refresh' (as I was told by the output of the above executed sencha app upgrade command) which worked without any errors. I can see, that ./app.js has been upgraded as intended. The problem now is, that i have a properly 'upgraded' app.js file in the Architect project directory, but the corresponding metadata file (namly the './metadata/Application' file) has been left untouched. As far as I see, Architect overwrites the app.js file according to the ./metadata/Application content when saving a project. But that overwrites the upgrade modifictations of said app.js. Question: What is the proper way of resolving this issue or how do I get Sencha Cmd to not only upgrade the app.js file, but the corresponding metadata file as well? My system config: Sencha Architect v3.0.4.1386 Sencha Cmd previous version: 4.0.2.xx current version: 4.0.4.84 Thanks for any help in advance

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sencha-ogs View Post
    Hi all, The problem in short: When upgrading a Sencha Architect (Touch) app with Sencha Cmd, it upgrades the app.js file, but leaves the corresponding Architect's metadata file untouched. The problem in detail: I have upgraded an existing Sencha Architect (Touch) app-project with Sencha Cmd 4.0.4.84, because Architect told me to do this. So i ran 'sencha app upgrade -noframework' in the Architect's app project folder (where the ./app/ folder is). This ended with a merge error for the app.json file. After resolving the merge error, i ran 'sencha app refresh' (as I was told by the output of the above executed sencha app upgrade command) which worked without any errors. I can see, that ./app.js has been upgraded as intended. The problem now is, that i have a properly 'upgraded' app.js file in the Architect project directory, but the corresponding metadata file (namly the './metadata/Application' file) has been left untouched. As far as I see, Architect overwrites the app.js file according to the ./metadata/Application content when saving a project. But that overwrites the upgrade modifictations of said app.js. Question: What is the proper way of resolving this issue or how do I get Sencha Cmd to not only upgrade the app.js file, but the corresponding metadata file as well? My system config: Sencha Architect v3.0.4.1386 Sencha Cmd previous version: 4.0.2.xx current version: 4.0.4.84 Thanks for any help in advance
    When you opened Architect, did it tell you there was an upgrade available?
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Hi jminnick,

yes, Architect notified me about an update, which then got downloaded and installed - this update installed the new Sencha CMD version as far as I know. The notification to run 'sencha app upgrade -noframework' was issued in the output of the next project build in Architect.