Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    @brady is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: abort/cancel store.load?

Answered: abort/cancel store.load?

In the following thread on the Ext 2.x forum:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...cel-store.load

The question of how to interrupt (or stop) the data store load process is posed. In response, the following code is suggested:

Code:
    Ext.Ajax.abort(store.proxy.activeRequest);
    delete store.proxy.activeRequest;
    Based on a review of the 4.2.2 Ext.data.proxy.Proxy class source code, there is no “activeRequest” property. If you run this code, in ExtJS 4.2.2, you are effectively calling the Ext.Ajax.abort method with the request parameter undefined. Based on the body of the method, this results in the following code being exercised:

Code:
    if (!request) {
     request = me.getLatest();
    }

This is fine except you don’t know for certain that the last Ajax request is the one emanating from the data store. If multiple connections are in play it could pickup anyone of them. Therefore, I have the same question: In ExtJS 4.2.2 how do you interrupt/stop the Ext.data.Store load process. Note, at the outset I did search the forum before deciding to post this question. The most relevant post I found was from 2011--

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?136405

However, this thread seems to indicate that the associated defect EXT-11109 is still open. Is this true--ie is there no way in ExtJS 4.2.2 to simply abort the data store load process.

Thx,

b

2. There is a note from a developer on that bug ticket indicating that this will be fixed in version 5, and that one will be able to abort operations like load(). Can you try your code against ExtJS 5.0.0?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice

There is a note from a developer on that bug ticket indicating that this will be fixed in version 5, and that one will be able to abort operations like load(). Can you try your code against ExtJS 5.0.0?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    @brady is on a distinguished road

Default Question Answered

Question Answered

Wow,

It only took a week for someone to reply with the obvious answer: "Upgrade to 5.0.0, duh." Provided you are able to upgrade your app to 5.0.0, this is the best (only) answer. I my case, since I have yet to succeed in upgrading (see latest question / road block), I refactored around it--i.e. I got rid of the necessity having to abort the load. Anyway, I will mark this question as answered.

@brady

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    f.baron is on a distinguished road

Here is an easy work around to stop a store's load in ExtJS 4.

Save in a local variable (for example as attribute of the store) the request generated by the load method:
    Code:
    store.load();
    store.lastRequest = Ext.Ajax.getLatest();
    Then you can use this variable to stop the call:
    Code:
    Ext.Ajax.abort(store.lastRequest);

Thread Participants: 2