Thread: Doc Problem in "What's New In ExtJS 5"

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-14230 in Backlog.

Default Doc Problem in "What's New In ExtJS 5"

The below paragraph makes no sense to me (and it's is not correct grammar).

For starters, in Ext JS 5, Component does use the config system for some its configs and calls initConfig in its constructor to set things in motion. This will have implications for custom components that previously called initConfig themselves.

Sencha User

Thanks for the report! I have opened a documentation bug in our bug tracker.

I'd also suggest mentioning how to know which Ext classes call initConfig for us.

Sencha User

Peter,

I'd be happy to make some adjustments to that paragraph in order to improve clarity. Can you tell me what you find unclear?

Thanks!
    Greg

this sentence: "Component does use the config system for some its configs and calls initConfig in its constructor to set things in motion" is not clear. do you mean "some of its configs"? Assuming that is what you mean, I do want to know when initConfig is used and when it is not. "some its configs" means nothing to me. what does "use the config system" mean? does that mean it calls initConfig? Are there times when you call initConf and don't use the config system? are their times when you use the config system and don't call initConfig. What about other Ext classes? Ext.data.* ?

somewhat related, where to post doc problems?just hit another one.http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.0.0/a...xt.event.Event has error (undefined) when looking at live view.https://dl.dropbox.com/s/72814nroipz...domproblem.png