Thread: folder structure to be used for an application with extjs and java?

Default folder structure to be used for an application with extjs and java?

Hi all

I have created a Java Project wherein I am using ExtJS4 for the web pages and I should be using Java for the programming logic. Right now,I am able to display the web pages. However, I do not have any java files and my current folder structure is:

ext_java_proj
    • src
    • jre system library
    • apache tomcat v7.0
    • build
    • WebContent
      • com
        • controller
        • model
        • store
        • view
          • BorderLayout.js
      • ext_js
        • resources
        • src
        • ext_all.js
      • index.html

ejp.JPG

Can someone tell me if I should place my java files in src folder or I should place it within the WebContent>com folder. And which is the best practice if it is a relatively big project with lot of java files and js files.

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Answers

I've never used the two together, but hoping someone from the community will be able to offer more. Have you considered Sencha GXT?
    http://www.sencha.com/products/gxt/

Thanks I will consider using it next time.. However, I need to use ExtJS4 only for this project.

Sencha User

How does your client code interacts with the server code(Java) ?

i am passing the data through a servlet

Sencha User

Ok. Better to place all java files under src folder. Generally all client related files are placed under WebContent folder. One more thing, I don't see app.js & app folder in your directory structure. Better to add them, so that it will be easily for others to understand your project structure.

Thanks.. I have modified the structure already. I have app.js in the WebContent folder. Also,the 'com' folder in the WebContent should actually be 'app' right? And yeah java classes and servlets I have placed in 'src' folder.

Well, I would like to know if you are aware of any better approach to communicate to server side code other than servlets..?

Sencha User

1. Yes, com should be 'app'.
    2. I prefer Spring MVC REST over servlets.

Take a look at this for more options - http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-(Please-Vote)