Thread: Perform some checks before loading a panel

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: Perform some checks before loading a panel

Hi,

I'm using sencha architect 3.1 with extjs 4.2
    There's something i can't understand. Brefly,

I have a project client-server. The normal flow would be to have a login window. With successfull login the user should see a main window with buttons and information retrieved from a server.

Ok. No problem, i understood how to make connection between client extj and a server to retrieve json datas.

since data have to be updated i need to perform a call-of-some-function-somewhere to update the datas in some panels of the main window, but actually i didn't understand how could i do that.

Here's why i said I'm using sencha architect. the main problem is that i cannot modify the code (that's incredible, but it has a reason, i know).
    how can i do that?

thanks to everybody in advance.

2. You can use:
    Ext.TaskManager.start({..}) and Ext.TaskManager.stop() to setup a interval timer. Just load the store on each interval.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers

You can issue an ajax request, or use record.set(values) to issue use the proxy to send the request.
    The server should then send back the updated record with a success: true

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Thanks scottmartin.

Yes, actually i already know how to do the ajax request, but it's not clear to me which event i should handle. Everything works fine when the event is raised from a button click.

Actually speaking, i would like to make such communication between the client and the server like every <tot> seconds. Let's say something like every thirty seconds. In some sense i'd like to make an automatic refresh on the panel.
    Is there a way i may do that?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers

You can use:
    Ext.TaskManager.start({..}) and Ext.TaskManager.stop() to setup a interval timer. Just load the store on each interval.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Thank you so much scottmartin.

the problem has been resolved.