Thread: Auto generated name changes in 3.1

Answers

Default Auto generated name changes in 3.1

Yesterday we have upgraded to 3.1. Since the upgrade all the time the project is saved it changes some of the files automatically. It looks like the change is just a new auto generated value for the 'name' attribute. It is very annoying as it is either polluting our github repo or makes a pain to selectively commit files and revert the ones which contains only this aug generated change.

Can someone shed some light into this please? Why is it needed and how can we avoid this?

Zoltan

AddAction-35b8cca2__AddAction-a200133e__Untitled___Araxis_Merge.jpg

Answers

Zoltan -

It definitely sounds like a bug. Can you provide any simple steps that reproduce the issue?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Answers

Our source is quite big and a commercial project. Therefore I can not share the whole source. Tried to reproduce it in a smaller one trying to nail down the reason but could create a sample project for it so far. My first assumption was the linked components in the affected views as we are using that feature quite extensively. However it looks like not all the views using linked components are affected. Also I can not really see anything special on the affected views.
    Also it looks like it is not environment specific as all of our developers are experiencing the same with the same files.