Thread: sencha app build package - not working

Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.

Default sencha app build package - not working

Sencha Cmd version(s) tested:
    • Sencha Cmd v5.0.1.231

Operating System:
    • Ubuntu 14.04.1, Linux/64

Framework used:
    • Sencha Touch 2.3.1

Description:
    • Generate new default app with sencha
    • Try to make a package build with command: sencha app build package
    • Look into /build folder: nothing except of ./temp folder with "production" folder inside
    • Look into root app folder: /package folder was created with production build inside (not package)

So, we try to make "package" build for application, but instead we got "production" build in /package folder (this path not configured in .sencha/app/sencha.cfg or./sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg)

Sencha - Support Team

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha - Support Team

Looks like this is not a bug after all. Package builds were unique to stbuild which was removed in Cmd 5. You should take a look at the Cordova/PhoneGap build process.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha Premium Member

So as of SenchaCmd 5.0.1, the command "sencha app build package" no longer works.That's a big compatibility break for a minor release. I don't recall seeing any documentation on this change. The release notes are silent.http://cdn.sencha.com/cmd/5.0.2.270/...otes.htmlRight now, I'm solving this by using the native build option. But that introduces a build-time dependency on having cordova command-line tools installed, even though I only want to build web code!Is there some intention behind this? It has caused a lot of disruption and I don't yet see any gain from this.

Sencha - Support Team

This change was made as of Sencha Cmd 5.0.0. It was announced in the forums. Package builds were a part of Sencha Native Packager.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha Premium Member

fmosely, I'm sorry but that's not correct.sencha app build package worked for us fine using SenchaCmd 5.0.0. When we upgraded to 5.0.2 it stopped.The forum posting you refer to never refers explicitly to the "package" option being removed. The advice to use cordova/phonegap is quite vague and overlooks the fact that this is an unnecessary dependency if all you want is to minify/concatenate your app. I'm guessing there are plenty of people out there that have native projects that do not use cordova/phonegap - these users have now been forced to install cordova.

Sencha User

The documentation still insists that sencha app build package is usable. http://docs.sencha.com/cmd/5.x/touch...ur_Application

While I am a regular forum user, there will be many who aren't and who rely on the documentation. Can this be updated?
    Last edited by Keab42; 9 Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Correcting link