Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    coolfish is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Ext.Video on a device - no sound, and sometimes .. everything else breaks.

Hey all, I'm running into two issues with HTML5 video. It works on simulator/browser (Chrome evergreen) but when I put it on a device through Cordova (iPad2 iOS 8, cordova 3.4.0-0.1.3) I don't get any sound. Video plays, but no sound (file is downloaded, not streaming). On top of that, sometimes everything else stops responding after I toggle fullscreen on the video. Sencha Touch no longer handles any tap events. The device isn't jammed - I can still componentQuery, I can still toggle the native controls on the video, but everything else just stops responding (this occurs erratically, even more frustrating!).

What I've tried so far - completely scrapping Sencha's Ext.Video, and writing something basic from scratch so that I can have the <video> tag with <source> tags, specifying the mime type. This didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

2. So issue 1 is a phonegap thing, rather than sencha touch. The answer is that in phonegap, the app has to set the playback category *before* the UIWebView is created (eg, in appdelegate.m init method, I set the session category to playback).

The second issue of ST becoming completely unresponsive to touch events is still unknown. I'm using hand rolled js to handle the html5 player, and whatever issues I might have been encountering before aren't popping up just yet (my hunch is something is happening in the event listener and it crashes and burns without any console info somewhere, but I haven't really stepped into debug that).

Anyhow hope this helps someone.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    coolfish is on a distinguished road

Default oh boy.

So issue 1 is a phonegap thing, rather than sencha touch. The answer is that in phonegap, the app has to set the playback category *before* the UIWebView is created (eg, in appdelegate.m init method, I set the session category to playback).

The second issue of ST becoming completely unresponsive to touch events is still unknown. I'm using hand rolled js to handle the html5 player, and whatever issues I might have been encountering before aren't popping up just yet (my hunch is something is happening in the event listener and it crashes and burns without any console info somewhere, but I haven't really stepped into debug that).

Anyhow hope this helps someone.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nostcid is on a distinguished road

Default I have same problem here, with iOS 8

Environment:
    iPad Air and iOS8 simulator
    iOS 8.0.2 and 8.0
    Cordova 3.6.3 and 3.5
    Sencha 2.4,
    Link to Sencha Touch Kitchen Sink: http://cdn.sencha.com/touch/sencha-t...ink/index.html

1st Problem:

In the kitchen sink program open the Media section >
    Video >
    Play the Video >
    In the video player we unable to slide the video time progress.

2nd Problem:

To reproduce the problem,
    In the kitchen sink program open the Media section >
    Video >
    Play the Video >
    Open in fullscreen >
    Exit the fullscreen >
    Play the Video

Now, the back button no longer function, all the sencha tap event no longer function.

When I trace the problem in the Web Inspector > Timelines > JavaScript & Events:
    I see Animation Frame event fire non-stop.

Animation Frame Requested
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired
    Animation Frame Fired

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lamaslam is on a distinguished road

Same issue here, any updates?it only have on iPad, desktop is fine.iPad Air2 iOS 8.1.1.http://cdn.sencha.com/touch/sencha-t...demo/videojust click play and stop icon and play icon, then every thing no response now. whatever link, back and source.Please help! it makes that component not practical at all.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    loveferoz is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Events wont work once video exits fullscreen in ipad

Hi Friends,

In my app i am having a video that when opened in ipad with fullscreen and once the 'Done' button is tapped all my sencha events of the current view are not working, infact it seems app freezes. I am facing this issue and have gone through this post. If any workaround or solution is proposed by anyone for this behaviour of the Sencha App will be of great help.

Thanks
    Mohamed Feroz G

Vote Rating
    Answers
    u25771 will become famous soon enough

Same here, any updates?
    Mark thread as answered if your problem could be solved and leave a vote for helpful answers

For more help check out my new blog: http://abitofcoding.blogspot.com

T
    o get in contact with me just send me a message on Google+