Thread: Wrong Theming document about location of namespace configuration

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-15321 in a recent build.

Default Wrong Theming document about location of namespace configuration

Extract from: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.0/cor...s/theming.html

For a theme to apply outside the Ext namespace, you must change a config property called package.sass.namespace in ".sencha/package/app.json". To be able to style all components in your theme, you will need to set this as blank:
    But the location is not ".sencha/package/app.json" but instead ".sencha\package\sencha.cfg"

Extract from that file:
    # The namespace to which this package's SASS corresponds. The default value of
    # "Ext" means that the files in ./sass/src (and ./sass/var) match classes in
    # the Ext" root namespace. In other words, "Ext.panel.Panel" maps to
    # ./sass/src/panel/Panel.scss.
    #
    # To style classes from any namespace, set this to blank. If this is blank,
    # then to style "Ext.panel.Panel" you would put SASS in
    # ./sass/src/Ext/panel/Panel.scss.
    #
    package.sass.namespace=Ext

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

The code block of instructions just below that paragraph show how to make the changes in the app.json which will be the correct place to set the namespace. We'll fix the docs to remove the reference to the sencha.cfg property as this should now be set in the app.json file.

Hi,

I think that I misunderstood your report initially.
    When I look at the guide at: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.0/cor...s/theming.html
    for the SASS namespace instructions it seems it's correct in advising you to set the namespace in the "sass" block of the app.json.

Can you go over once more with me what you're seeing that need to be edited?

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

I do not have any app.json under .sencha/package and what I describe works fine.

You can see the existence of file(s) in the zip at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Rg0vMkPuNoOGNMbTZZRmhjVEE/edit?pli=1

That zip was mentioned and tested via ticket, see http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ckground-image

Sencha User

@SebTardif is right. You have to change package.sass.namespace prop in ".sencha\package\sencha.cfg" and not .sencha/package/app.json as .sencha/package/app.json does not exist.. In my case I had to comment out "package.sass.namespace=Ext" before it worked

Sencha? You are still releasing new version should you figure this out before moving forward?

Sencha Premium Member

I stumbled across this while looking for something else. The comment @slemmon was trying to make is that sencha.cfg is not where you should make the change. The "correct" place to set the namespace would be in either the app.json file or the package.json file (depending on what you are building). For a theme package it would be the package.json file.

You can have something like this in your package.json file:

Code:
    {
      "name": "test-pkg",
      "format": "1",

"sass": {
          "namespace": "TestPkg"
      }

}