Thread: Please add "Cut & Paste" to the code window!

Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User

Default Please add "Cut & Paste" to the code window!

Please, Please Please,
    Add cut and paste to the code window! What type of serious IDE would not have it? Also, IMHO it was better in 3.0 when you clicked on a function or object in the project navigator and it only showed the code related to it and not the code below or above it. It is a distraction and gives only a sliver of an area to work in. You should be able to switch back and forth in options.

Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member

Copy (CTRL+C) works anywhere within the code window. Cut (CTRL+X) and Paste (CTRL+V) only work within the editable code block.My biggest issue with the editor is performance. On my machine it is painful to work in. In many cases, I have wait 3-5 seconds after selecting a function (code block) to edit. I truly dislike having to code anything within Architect mostly because of this fact alone. In addition, the indenting of code "appears" to change when it is in edit mode. The left margin of the edit area should shift to the right at least a whole 2 tabs so that it "appears" in the same location it was in prior to being placed in edit mode.

If you are editing a function and click the clipboard icon (top right of editor) it will only copy that functions code. Same as before.

I apologize about the performance aspect and I'm working to improve this. I've removed the animations and am working toward making it purely functional with no frills. Any input and suggestions in this are welcome.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

A potential work around is to use the inspector for navigation within the class as it appears to be quicker.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong