Thread: No View Controller Event Binding for Property Grid Edit function

Sencha Premium Member

Default No View Controller Event Binding for Property Grid Edit function

I have a property grid in a form. I can't find a way to add beforeedit and edit bindings. Is there a (super secret) way to do this? Right now, I have to keep my old, boring, controller to handle this.

and, while talking about bugs, I have both my component and a controller open (so 2 tabs on the top). If I have focus on the component, and then click on the controller tab, nothing is updated. I have to first click on a tab for a diff. component before I can click on the controller tab

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I'm not seeing 'edit' or 'beforeedit' events in the apidocs for propertygrid, so I'm not sure exactly what the expected behavior should be. Can you help clarify that for me? It's very likely that the apidocs need updating.

In the meantime, assuming that these events should be on the propertygrid itself, you are always able to attach view controller event bindings for arbitrary event names that don't appear in the selection list. You just have to type in the name of the event yourself, and then fill in the params since they won't be autofilled.

Regarding the tab issue, either I'm not understanding it or I can't reproduce it. If I open tabs for MyGrid and MyGridViewController, then clicking between those two tabs properly updates the active selection and the code editor contents. Is there more to it?
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member

humm, I don't see them in the doc either, but I do know they work (and sort of have to with any grid that is being editedRe: Tab issue, open a plan old boring CONTROLLER, not a view Controller, then try tabbing between them. Especially if you go to a VC, edit a function. then click on the controller tab and you will stay in the VC

OK I understand the edit/beforeedit issue now... those events are added/fired by the cell editing plugin, and with a normal grid panel those events are exposed on the plugin itself when it is added. However property grid is special in that the plugin is added automatically behind the scenes, which Architect isn't aware of. So we need to make sure Architect knows these events are there automatically for propertygrid. I've opened DSGNR-6208 for this.

For the tab issue, my bad for assuming viewcontroller, but even with a normal controller it seems to switch as expected for me. Can you reproduce that issue with a fresh project and fresh view/controller/etc. or is it maybe specific to your existing project?
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team