Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When i collapse and expand a panel scroll bar jump to top of page

Default When i collapse and expand a panel scroll bar jump to top of page

When i collapse and expand a panel scroll bar jump to top of page

Answers

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow how you're seeing the issue. Can you post a test case here or at https://fiddle.sencha.com that demonstrates the issue you're seeing?

Also, what version of ExtJS are you working with and in what OS / browser are you testing?

Default Test Case In Fiddle with Example

Hi

I have to try in Google chorme and I using Ext 4.2.2 version and Windows 7 OS

The test case is attached Pls find

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/b5c

Thanks
    Lokesh

Answers

Hi,

With the accordion layout container you'll need to set a height to resolve the scrolling artifact. *Or have the accordion container have its height set by an owning parent container's layout.

Default When i collapse and expand a panel scroll bar jump to top of page

we can not set a fix height for parent container, is there any other solution or fix this issue

Sencha User

Hi,

We have a very similar problem in our application, except we are not using an accordion layout but rather a vbox. While debugging in ext-all-debug, I found out that when expanding/collapsing a panel, the layout is rerun, and the run() method calls

Code:
    me.flushInvalidates();
    which hides nearly every element in our application, thus modifying the page height and resetting the scroll to the top. Then everything is redrawn normally, but the scroll position is lost.

The same behavior happens in the fiddle provided by Lokesh, so I guess it's not tied to a particular layout.

I'm not an expert in ExtJS's internals at all, so could one of you confirm that my analysis is correct, and perhaps help us find a workaround/fix please?

Thanks
    Bastien

Sencha User

I have this same problem...really annoying. Can anyone look at this and find a fix?

Sencha Premium Member

Same problem here...I called setText on a Label, nothing else, and my scroll position was lost. I tried switching to a container instead of a label and calling update() to update the html, got the same problem. I am using EXTJS 5.

Sencha User

This is a pretty serious issue. If you've got scroll bars and do anything that causes a layout, it jumps to the top. A store that loads and fills a grid. Collapsing/expanding a panel. It's still present in 5.1. Don't know if it's in 6. I have a screen with 6 collapsible panels on it - the collapse ability is about useless due to the jumping around on the screen.We have another screen with 5 or 6 grids on it. Some of them take a bit to complete their load from the server. Nothing more annoying that seeing the first couple load, mouse wheel down and suddenly it jumps back to the top. Mouse wheel down...and then it happens again. Both times due to store loads completing and grids updating.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I have the same issue (6.0.2), extremely annoying! When you are adding components dynamically I don't see how it is possible to set the height on the parent container, something must be fundamentally wrong????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast