Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-15377 in 4.2.4.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    winkelmann will become famous soon enough

Default [4.2.3] PropertyGrid breaks when clearing source

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.3 rev 1477

Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome 37.0.2062.120 (64-bit)

DOCTYPE tested against:
    • html5

Description:
    • Setting empty source on propertygrid where the value has already been changed causes error

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create property grid with source config
    • Change value of a source field via combobox editor
    • programmatically empty the source

The result that was expected:
    • property grid should be empty and no errors should occur

The result that occurs instead:
    • error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'sorting' of undefined"

Example fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/b12
    Please note: this bug only occurs in 4.2.3 and not in any prior version. 5.0 has not been tested, since we don't use it.

The problem seems to be that the CellEditor relies on me.field.column to be set, which is apparently not present when used with a PropertyGrid.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all

I haven't been able to recreate this using your test case. I've tried various combinations of changing fields and clicking the 'Remove source' button, but no typeerror. I'm using Chrome 37. Any suggestions to cause the failure?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    winkelmann will become famous soon enough

My apologies Gary, it appears I actually broke the fiddle while fiddling. It should be reproducable now.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all Gary Schlosberg is a name known to all

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    merabi@lider-bet.com is on a distinguished road

is there any solution? I have same problem

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating

Unfortunately I don't currently have a workaround for you, but this has been fixed for the next release (4.2.4).
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com