Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha User

I've been emailing with sales trying to order One license, but without success. This is the reason they referee to for the new pricing..

I am so sorry, as of 10/1/14, Sencha stopped offering the single developer license option, and our current minimum is up to a 5 developer license for all Sencha products. This decision was based on a consensus with our customer base, and trying to streamline license purchases for both Sencha and our customers.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanetalk View Post
    This decision was based on a consensus with our customer base, and trying to streamline license purchases for both Sencha and our customers.
    Wow. So I guess we do not belong to the customer base... Sad to hear this.

Sencha Premium Member

This is unacceptable.
    I`m from Holland!

Default Is this for real?

Hiking licencing costs without any explanation and refusing to answer simple questions in the forum?

At best that's exceptionally bad customer service, at worst it's a deal breaker.

We only adopted ExtJS at v 4 - now I have to tell my boss that it's quadruple the price or switch to another framework and waste a year of climbing the learning curve.

Plus I have no official reason for the change OR guarantee it won't happen again with the next version cause Sencha personnel have lost the ability to type.

Oh man... I'm going to be unpopular at work for a while.

Touch Premium Member

Well, they stopped replying to my emails. I am probably blacklisted now (or something else is going on).

Sencha has a page on Facebook, and I guess many of you have Facebook, as annoying as it is. Of course, they don't allow users to post there, but you can rate them there and leave your opinion and they can't censor it.

I left mine, and one other guy already did it too.

This will probably bring balance to the Force;-)

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by sergio.sider View Post
    Well, they stopped replying to my emails. I am probably blacklisted now (or something else is going on).

Sencha has a page on Facebook, and I guess many of you have Facebook, as annoying as it is. Of course, they don't allow users to post there, but you can rate them there and leave your opinion and they can't censor it.

I left mine, and one other guy already did it too.

This will probably bring balance to the Force;-)
    Rob Marshal has already shared this thread with the public.
    https://www.facebook.com/senchainc/posts_to_page

sencha_facebook.jpeg

Orgoth and other members of the forum have shared this Thread to Google+ and reported on blogs.

Sencha Premium Member

Default Not a good move

We are a small company of 3 People and we need only single user license. we invested couple of months to understand the product and when we decided to buy, sencha comes up with bad news... so now looking for another options. Now no faith in Sencha

Single users contribute a lot to the economy and this move has impacted in negative way to Sencha...

Hope God gives them brain and heart

Regards,
    Pranav C Lunvat

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by catalinux1907 View Post
    If we look on indeed.com, we'll see that jobs start from 90K+ http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=extjs&l= . I think that means that a company could spend about 1500$ for a developer.
    Quite right but problem is not the price but the packing.
    Why I have to buy FIVE if only need ONE?
    UI: Sencha Architect / ExtJS 4 - 6
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: WildFly / Weblogic
    Databases: Oracle
    / MySQL / DB2 / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User

sad news ...

Touch Premium Member

qooxdoo is a "hellova" bad chosen name, but looks very promising. I decided to grab a few minutes of my day and downloaded the sdk and tried to start the proposed tutorial app.

Took less than five minutes, the loader looks well done and well documented. Installed and created the app smoothly both on my Mac and my Linux servers. It's worth a try.

The best: LGPL

I think it's time to move on. And really, most of the "brain" of my apps are in the server side, so, it's not the end of the world.

Sincerely, I hope $encha (their management and their nerdy Y-gen staff) enjoy the free-fall.

Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast