Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1240

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

  1. #1191
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worthlutz View Post
    Maybe only large company developers can afford to go to SenchaCon......
    As a single-developer is not so easy to pay $USD1400 for a ticket. Although I think they are worth, is certainly hard to pay if you are just a freelancer.
    And indeed, many people went to the conference, which is good as it seems Sencha is hardly dead.
    What is a pity is what they did to single-developers, but at least at the moment it looks like they have plenty of customers.
    Ext is terrific!!

  2. #1192
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    447

    Default

    from Bruce on: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...72#post1095772

    P.S. Yes I "DID" corner the CEO at Levi Stadium and bent his ear for about 15 minutes re: Sencha's licensing model and learned that they DO read all of the comments, but, for some reason have not figured out that responding, even if the msg is not what people want to hear, (something like, Yea, we do like you single developers, but we are transitioning to the enterprise market, cause thats where the big buckos are and during this transition, it might be a "tad" painful for you one and two man (err women) shops, there might be light at the end of the tunnel), its better to talk than just ignore. Who knows, this just might change
    So at least one person asked...

  3. #1193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    And indeed, many people went to the conference, which is good as it seems Sencha is hardly dead.
    Angular, however, has now become an evolutionary dead end. Business-type people who thrive on reliability will not consider Angular for years after the Angular 2 rewrite fiasco.

    BTW where is your hero @brian428 who wrote that angular is a "pretty well done and useful JavaScript framework"? He must be hiding his face in shame...

  4. #1194
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Angular, however, has now become an evolutionary dead end. Business-type people who thrive on reliability will not consider Angular for years after the Angular 2 rewrite fiasco.

    BTW where is your hero @brian428 who wrote that angular is a "pretty well done and useful JavaScript framework"? He must be hiding his face in shame...
    Oh man, how annoying you are. How can you live with that much hate.. for a Javascript library!? That's simply not right...
    Ext is terrific!!

  5. #1195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Oh man, how annoying you are. How can you live with that much hate.. for a Javascript library!? That's simply not right...
    Nomack, looks like the angular team got you fooled... angular is an anti-JavaScript library. Anyway, I don't hate it, I'm just trying to shed some light...

    "I have doubts about Angular 1.xs suitability for modern web development. If one is uncharitably inclined, one could describe it as a front-end framework by non-front-enders for non-front-enders."

    Peter-Paul Koch

  6. #1196
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    As a single-developer is not so easy to pay $USD1400 for a ticket.
    ...
    That (and a cross-country plane ticket) is why I did not go,

  7. #1197
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Angular, however, has now become an evolutionary dead end. Business-type people who thrive on reliability will not consider Angular for years after the Angular 2 rewrite fiasco.
    ...

    Who cares...

  8. #1198
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Nomack, looks like the angular team got you fooled... angular is an anti-JavaScript library. Anyway, I don't hate it, I'm just trying to shed some light...

    "I have doubts about Angular 1.xs suitability for modern web development. If one is uncharitably inclined, one could describe it as a front-end framework by non-front-enders for non-front-enders."

    Peter-Paul Koch
    Well, thank you and PPK for all the ligth. Just let me live in the darkness, could you?
    Ext is terrific!!

  9. #1199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Just let me live in the darkness, could you?
    Sure, live in the darkness... I can only wonder what fearless JavaScript developers will take the plunge into the Angular 2 darkness....

  10. #1200
    Sencha User nomack84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Sure, live in the darkness... I can only wonder what fearless JavaScript developers will take the plunge into the Angular 2 darkness....
    A couple of things:
    • You'll need a huge candle to give light to the thousands of developers using Angular
    • No one likes your light, otherwise you wouldn't have almost 900 negatives votes
    Ext is terrific!!

Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •