Page 60 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha Premium Member

Waowww !!

After many R&D internally on Extjs, I was going to buy a single developer licence for myself. But how could it gain more than 300% in less than one year ?

If I am right, Sencha loose money -> 300% up for the licence.

Be careful developers, Sencha is going to stop ! That is what I understand. I wille certainly not build my app in those conditions. So sad.

Sencha Premium User suzuki1100nz's Avatar

Hi Tchinkatchuk,

Sencha will not stop - please contact the sales team

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Last day to get a single developer license!

Like many of you we are a small team (2) using EXT/JS and are just shocked by the huge increase in license fees for EXT/JS 5. I just discovered that www.ext.net still sells single developer licenses for $799 until Dec. 31, 2014 (today!!). My understanding is that if I purchase an Ext.NET license it includes a commercial license for EXT/JS 5.0.1 (as per http://ext.net/download/#version and http://ext.net/faq/).

I believe one can buy a single developer license for Ext.NET and legally use it for EXT/JS development without Ext.NET. I am not sure if I would be entitled to minor upgrades for EXT/JS 5? Anyone sees a problem with this approach? Thanks Gabe
    Check out Teamup Calendar - Easy-to-use planner and calendar built on Ext JS

Sure its lists - Ext.NET 3.0.0 (Includes Ext JS 5.0.1 commercial)
    Like I said contact sales.

Note: The next public release will be Ext.NET 3.1.0 with Ext JS 5.1.0
    Does not list the pricing for 3.1.0 which I suspect may go up a little bit

Sencha Premium Member

Today I was horrified finding out I don't have access to my Sencha products and that the Sencha licensing policy (minimum # of developers) changed.

I purchased the license exactly one year ago on Dec 31st a few seconds before midnight (CET). For reasons I don't have influence on, the project I was planning to use Sencha was delayed for one year. So I tried today downloading sencha to be able to carryout the work I planned, but found out I can't - it seems Sencha team is located in some timezone that already switched the clock to 2015. Com'on, what's going on.

I would expect long term support and stability for a product such as Sencha. Let's see what feedback the support and/or sales will give me. Hopefully it will not be a complete disappointment

Have you tried talking to the sales team?

Sencha User

From the Ext.net FAQ

Q5. Is a separate license to the Sencha Ext JS JavaScript library required?

No. The Ext.NET license includes the right to use the Sencha Ext JS library as a part of Ext.NET, subject to the terms of the License Agreement. You do not require a separate Sencha Ext JS Commercial License to use Ext.NET, as rights are included to use Ext JS in commercial projects when used in conjunction with Ext.NET.
    So it appears the license is only valid if used in conjunction with Ext.net

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysticav View Post
    Yes, they paid for the development, so it's their code. But there's a business contract which specify that they cannot modify the code, in fact, they don't have even access to source code until we end up the contract, and in such case they probably will need to buy a license.

But anyways, what is this all about ? Is Sencha license for developing or for usage ?

It would be so weird if each client who wants a development with extjs (no distribution, just private use), needs to pay 3,500 USD, when probably the actual application could cost even less. If that's the case, a license is required not just for developers, but also for end users (as in paying for a Microsoft Windows License).
    3,500 + 3,500 = 7,000 USD, are you serious ?
    Well, you are right. In this particular scenario forcing the client to buy 5 licenses is not something that you can easily impose. I think you must ask Sencha licensing team about this.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    From the Ext.net FAQ

So it appears the license is only valid if used in conjunction with Ext.net
    Correct. An OEM license is valid only if it used along with main product which is Ext.NET in this case.

Sencha User

I started using ExtJS 2 in 2007 to develop data-centric web apps.
    It is amazing software and in my opinion dhtml+Ajax+ExtJS completely destroys all static html based systems, e.g. jsps, asps etc. for this type of business web app development.
    But there have been no really earth shattering improvements since v2
    v3 has some slight improvementsit is the best version in my mind.
    v4 and v5 have a lot of extra complexity and bugs, but the basic widgets that are the real value of ExtJS have not improved sufficiently to justify the cost, not to mention the extreme pain of migrating from 2/3 to 4.
    Not sure what the licensing is for v3 now, but you can download v2 without restrictionfrom the address belowand get most of the benefit of ExtJS without the cost or aggravation.
    http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs3/download/

Page 60 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast