Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I believe single developers sells increases chance of selling 5 developers packages after. Using such complex product needs a transition.

Think about a company which is considering to use such product, they wouldn't like to jump in all together into it.

Also in our company, I am the only developer using sencha products in a project.

Please reconsider your decision.

Vote Rating

OMG this was just perfect
    Sencha twitter post:
    sencha.PNG
    My response:
    me.PNG
    LOLZ
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default talking about twitter...

Just for fun as I doubt Sencha would ever reply on this thread. Management acts condescendingly and their underlings are probably prohibited from posting their opinions.

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 10.57.15.png

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sencha management replying to this thread would take guts, honour and integrity. The three things very much lacking from the decision to screw individual developers. I won't bother quantifying the opportunity they have just lost - other options may be more work right now but I'm pretty damn sure their development is about to speed up now. Even if they did a U-turn tomorrow I wouldn't buy the license as you simply can't trust a management team that makes a decision like this. I bet Scott Adams is rubbing his hands together at the number of Dilbert cartoons he could get from this.

Vote Rating

Good thing JS dosen't allow it or $encha would change it's namespace to xt
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have the same problem as a lot of other developers in this tread. I'm the only developer within our company to develop with Ext. I WAS looking at the option of upgrading our application from Extj 4 to 5. But the big packages that Sencha offers, starting for 5 developers, keeps me from doing so. And I cannot find any reasonable solution for Ext 4 on the site (do I need to buy Ext 5 package to get access to the latest 4.x version of Ext?).

Narrowing down the options for single developers by Sencha puts me in an awkward situation. A situation where I cannot upgrade my application to the latest version of Ext 4 and the step towards Ext 5 is not a reasonable solution while I'm forced to buy 4 licences which I will not be using.

Strange... Or am I missing something in the store of Sencha?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

WTF?! I was just about to order a single developer license of Complete but paying close to $5k is not an option for my little company.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by danguba View Post
    Good thing JS dosen't allow it or $encha would change it's namespace to xt
    hahahaha! good one!
    UI: Sencha Architect / ExtJS 4 - 6
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: WildFly / Weblogic
    Databases: Oracle
    / MySQL / DB2 / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Forking?

Given that Ext has a GPL version available to all, what's to stop this community from forking that version, and using single developers as a resource to drive development?

Sure, it would likely take a core team devoted to maintaining and managing revisions, so I suppose worst-case, the real question is "Anyone willing?"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Turonah View Post
    Given that Ext has a GPL version available to all, what's to stop this community from forking that version, and using single developers as a resource to drive development?

Sure, it would likely take a core team devoted to maintaining and managing revisions, so I suppose worst-case, the real question is "Anyone willing?"
    I'm not willing to do that (i don't have enough JS skills), but i surely willing donate to such project.

Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast