Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1240

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by danguba View Post
    And Sencha devs are now completely removed... http://www.sencha.com/company/team/
    I'm guessing the devs have no status with the investors in Sencha.

I've had no contact with those pictured. Only with the devs, mostly those who have left Sencha, who actually know how the code works.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by worthlutz View Post
    Only with the devs, mostly those who have left Sencha, who actually know how the code works.
    You mean the ones that were at fault for the Ext JS 4.0.0 performance debacle and not the current ones that are actually fixing it?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by iamright View Post
    You mean the ones that were at fault for the Ext JS 4.0.0 performance debacle and not the current ones that are actually fixing it?
    @iamright is right.

The fact is Ext JS 4.0 wasn't that great, but it has been steadily improving since then.

I think the Dev team was removed from the page to "improve" the Sencha corporate image.

These people are still working on the next release, so there's nothing to worry.

Now, you all can continue bitching about licensing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Now, you all can continue bitching about licensing.
    Maybe we should create a separate thread to discuss the company team page...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by iamright View Post
    Mostly the ones who worked on Architect.

I did not use v3 so I did not notice the performance hit. My applications respond fine but are simple uses of ExtJS tied to other code for maps.

I do like the MVC classes started in v4 where I started using ExtJs.

Now if only the license was reasonable for us single person businesses ...

Vote Rating

+1 for Single-Developer License, or even some kind of Indie-License.

Price is huge for one person.
    German EXT-User and -Lover :-).

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

I'm not sure why I didn't find this before but GridX is a pretty nice grid for dojo. The only thing it might lack is the maturity of Ext JS's rowediting plugin (the closest it has is Cell Widgets and Editable Cell), but everything else is there from what I can tell. The generated HTML underneath is cleaner, too.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Alternatives

I hit this same brick wall having been away from this type of development for some time. I had developed a few simple solutions using ExtJS and had paid for licenses and upgrades.

All I can suggest is to look at the many alternatives, I name a few below that may not be as well known:

Smart Client - Expensive and primarily aimed at .NET but very good.

DHTMLX - Well priced and well featured. I have used this before and am considering going back to it as the pricing is transparent and fair.

ZK - This also looks good and more reasonable for a single developer.

Wakanda - This is a completely different paradigm and probably where I will be going. Not as mature on the UI elements but the model and database elements are awesome.

Sometimes companies have to focus on what they consider to be their core market. I do not agree with this approach as todays single developer could be tomorrows development team.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jdcryer View Post
    DHTMLX - Well priced and well featured. I have used this before and am considering going back to it as the pricing is transparent and fair.
    I highly recommend using AngularJS in conjunction with DHTMLX.

I think this is a winning combination since DHTMLX doesn't provide any MVC support.

I also recommend reading the 11 Tips to Improve AngularJS Performance article before you start any work on an AngularJS project.

Sencha Seller
    Vote Rating

Sencha would like to thank everyone involved in this discussion thread for their enthusiastic participation - we appreciate the passion that everyone has brought to the table. The discussion thread has covered a wide range of interesting topics, from licensing models to the pros and cons of the Sencha frameworks; and from excellent how-to tips to competitive alternatives. We wanted to leave this discussion thread open until SenchaCon (thanks to everyone who attended it was a great event because of you) so all opinions, thoughts and comments could be expressed. We know the licensing changes originated the thread, but it covered so much more!

As you know from SenchaCon, our primary focus is to make the developers job of designing, developing and deploying mission critical, long-lived enterprise applications easier. We are doing this by investing in new features such as the merged frameworks; our universal app capability; new themes, templates and stencils; IDE integrations; and pivot grid and enhanced spreadsheet selections. Sencha believes our feature-rich SDKs and the inherent distribution rights of our license provide our users a huge amount of value - and our pricing and licensing models will continue to reflect this belief.

Again, a big thank you to everyone involved and it is time to move on in the direction you think is best for your business.

/Art/

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124