Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha Premium Member

Although I can not move away from ExtJS for my corporate job I am moving to Qooxdoo for my independant projects. I have started a blog to document the differences between the frameworks from an ExtJS user's perspective. I would like to reproduce the ExtJS demos in Qooxdoo at some point so they will show up there too. Please check it out at http://ext2qooxdoo.wordpress.com/.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by DaniloTerra View Post
    Is it possible/legal/viable gather 5 single developers, buy one licence then distribute among them?
    Incorporate yourself... then I don't see a problem.

The cost of creating a corporation might be as low as a few hundred dollars.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by brian428 View Post
    That's a question for Sencha. My guess would be no, but that's just an instinct that I have that Sencha would probably have license terms to prevent that.
    Thanks for the answers Brian. I'll contact Sencha for an 'official position'.

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Incorporate yourself... then I don't see a problem.

The cost of creating a corporation might be as low as a few hundred dollars.
    That makes sense, I also guess there's no a problem in this approach. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobmanc View Post
    Although I can not move away from ExtJS for my corporate job I am moving to Qooxdoo for my independant projects. I have started a blog to document the differences between the frameworks from an ExtJS user's perspective. I would like to reproduce the ExtJS demos in Qooxdoo at some point so they will show up there too. Please check it out at http://ext2qooxdoo.wordpress.com/.
    Hope this will attract more followers

Capture.PNG
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobmanc View Post
    Nice! I will try doing this with Kendo UI + AngularJS

Ext GWT Premium Member

Default 4.635US$ for a GWT UI Add-on???

Last year I've paid 755US$ for the GXT license. This year I have to pay 4.635 US$!
    In the next 5 years I will have to pay at least 23.175 US$! Just to license a GWT UI Add-on. I never had any support cases.

Sencha. take a look at the Vaadin license model!

Sencha Premium Member

Trying to find a @Sencha alternative?
    Happy #MeteorDay everyone! http://meteorday.com/

Sencha Premium Member

Default Could there be an upside to this?

I may be wrong, but since a lot of companies and individuals has invested heavily in training and learning Ext (IMO it has the steepest learning curve since MFC) it will be extremely costly to switch to another framework.

As many of the current users cannot afford a five-developer pack it may lead to more use of the GPLv3 open source license that is still available so far.

In the end that could be good for the entire community?

Any thoughts?

-Christian

Sencha Premium Member

Default Looks very promising...

I played a little bit around with qooxdoo and was extremely positive surprised. There are a lot similarities to ExtJs. And its absolutely free (since years). They show how essential an affordable development platform is if a company wants to be successful in the Internet business. (qooxdoo is developed and maintained by United-Internet / 1&1 a Internet-business based in Germany operating world-wide with about 7.000 employees, having around 3 billion turnover).

What if all the single developers screwed by Sencha would actively join the community of qooxdoo...?

Sencha Premium Member

Default I'd go with you...

Quote Originally Posted by danguba View Post
    Hope this will attract more followers

Capture.PNG
    I'd go with you

Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast