Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

For the management of extJS:
    • If you want our money, we'll gladly pay only what we need, which is one licence. Otherwise our money goes somewhere else.
    • This is good software, but not such good that you can blackmail us. Everything is replaceable with more or less resources (time and money). Even extJS.
    • Once you lose those who built you (us), you will hardly get it back.
    Wake up, until you lose more than you expected to profit.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Barely a month later, I regreat my desicion and in many cases I decide to use plain Angular than using the Kendo integration. The problem is basically the documentation.
    Is AngularJS documentation any better? Some say Angular has a steep learning curve for its size and their documentation sucks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Whatever is the quality of the product, most of us have to take the price into account for there choices. So changing the rules now is not fair towards the current customers neither towards the customers's competitors.
    I would have never chosen Sencha last year at the current price.
    Anyway we all should re-think to our tools choices from time to time, as we work with fast evolving technology, and not only when we are cornered.
    Be positive and take the opportunity Sencha give us today to study alternatives... Yes there is some, especially for the UI components.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jylaxx View Post
    Whatever is the quality of the product, most of us have to take the price into account for there choices. So changing the rules now is not fair towards the current customers neither towards the customers's competitors.
    Current customers can upgrade and keep single licenses, I see on their store they still have it listed. Course this could change, would hope they would see the outrage this has prompted and not remove that avenue.

Like nomack84 said, the alternatives don't look like they are actually alternatives. Quality usually has a high price point albeit Ext JS is a bit of a high price point but gotta check ROI of Ext JS vs "alternatives" and determine if the high price point is worth it or not. To me and the projects I've dealt with, it's worth it but that's just me.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Is AngularJS documentation any better? Some say Angular has a steep learning curve for its size and their documentation sucks.
    I can't say better but it's more then enough. Compare to ExtJS, I'd say Angular is a bit easier to learn but you must remember that Angular is not a fullstack framework like ExtJS. You would need to combine it with other library for UI support and Boostrap is the most popular choice. Of course, the number of UI is nothing compared to ExtJS. A good analogy is that ExtJS provides you with entire car with great engine and great exterior. AngularJS just provides you with a great engine that is actually better then ExtJS but you don't get nice wheels, leather sits, 7.1 surround sound, and etc... However, all those ExtJS parts are proprietory and it's hard to integrate with 3rd party UI library. Angular is very easy to integrate with other libraries. I don't think you'll have problem with documentation for AngularJS, just go search the books on Amazon.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    I cant say Angular docs are better than ExtJS, but Angular is simpler than Ext, and also it has several books which complements any lack of documentation. To me, the harder to understand in Angular are directives, but neither are that complex. With a bit of time to read the docs and read some chapter in a good book, you are good to go.
    But as I say, there are areas where Angular cant compete with Ext, this is basically in the UI area, because Ext has so many nice components. But if you need a SPA application and you are good with HTML5, then angular is the way to go. With Angular you have absolute control of the dom and CSS3, which is not the case with Ext. Also, there is now the Angular Material theme, which is based on Polymer, which some people are saying is the future of the web. I also think is awesome
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I got advertising for new 5.1 ExtJS today:

Hi Sencha Developer,
    We're excited to announce that Ext JS 5.1 is now generally available!
    With this release, weve added exciting new features that further improve the richness of the framework, especially for building data-driven single-page applications. Ext JS 5.1 comes with an entirely new grid selection model, the spreadsheet model, along with other components and enhancements, including 3D columns and bar charts, a color selector, a rating widget, and an enhanced drawing package. These enhancements are a result of great feedback from our customers and developer community.
    Pay attention to LAST sentence:

These enhancements are a result of great feedback from our customers and developer community.
    Isn't this ironic ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Is Sencha screwing single developers?
    NO. Sencha screwing every developer company less than 5 developers !!!

Which IMO is the most.

Vote Rating

Sencha to leave behind the single developer license is of course a bad development for the "one man" companies. I was able to "renew" my previous license for the same price. But if you are going to purchase a new license then you are out of luck.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Also they changed price policy in conjuction with main release. What means that for 3200$ you can get now mostly non-usable in production 5.1 or stable and polished, but old 4.2.3.

Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast