Page 66 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sencha ******** single developers?

Sencha Premium Member

All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Sencha User

Sencha User

Enough?

no, no... I rechecked and indeed in Google.com it is now #1 !

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lanbo View Post
    I guess it is understandable :-)It's strange what's happening to Sencha. I remember this forum used to be super different 3 / 4 years ago. It felt more like a community.Something really bad must be going on at their offices. Wish the best of luck to the guys at the company that work developing Extjs.
    A slight aside but I keep thinking that Sencha have stretched themselves with too many applications.
    There is Architect, the "eclipse" plugin, sencha cmd, etc etc.
    Things were better before all of these came around.
    Nothing feels complete anymore.

I still don't really understand Cmd - it seems overly complex and the documentation is lacking

The eclipse plugin I was going to use but it doesn't support even the latest version,

I gave up with Architect as it seemed only suitable for simple use and after a time I realised that I kept needing to revert back to code, and the "properties" offered little advantage

There licencing is becoming as inconsistent as their product. For example I wanted the eclipse plugin but this is only available in Complete, which also contains Architect, and Architect and the eclipse plugin are not compatible. I would think as a "raw" Ext JS developer who has no interest in Architect, that I could get the eclipse plugin with Ext JS!

It is much more product focused and the community is getting fragmented.

Last year I said to my chief. Boss! we have to pay $1000 for framework to develop new version of our portal.Ok said he.I am looking for another solutions now, because I can not explain to my chief why we have to pay for 5 web developers if he has just one.

Enterprise is God now !
    They can, they pay, they rule !

Of course that only they were getting benefits of our bug reports (and/or solutions), and not (majority of) us....

I really hope they will return back to single developer pack option, as I was planing some new project with ExtJS 5, now I have to look for options ....
    ---
    Razvan Ioan ANASTASESCU
    Senior WEB Developer

We can only wait for the SenchaCon in April, to see what's going to be declared there, as Mitchel said in another thread.
    Ext is terrific!!

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    We can only wait for the SenchaCon in April, to see what's going to be declared there, as Mitchel said in another thread.
    The main problem is that we wouldn't have to wait until April to get a response, If Sencha responded here (as any respectable company would) everything would be fine.
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Page 66 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast