Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: message "Invalid source HTML for this operation" in IE when rendering items to div

  1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    1

    Default Answered: message "Invalid source HTML for this operation" in IE when rendering items to div

    I get the following error message in Internet Explorer and Ext JS items don't load:

    SCRIPT601: Invalid source HTML for this operation.
    ext-all.js, line 18 character 138865

    The error doesn't appear in Chrome or FireFox and everything works fine.

    In my code I have a chart placed inside a panel and additional two buttons.
    The panel and the two buttons are rendered into divs using the renderTo attribute and the div ids.

    The error appears only when I render the items into the divs, it doesn't appear when I render it to Ext.getBody(), yet I wish the items to be placed inside the divs.

    I realize it has something to do with the HTML page's structutre, yet I went over the HTML source code over and over and everything seems properly nested and there are no missing tags.

    Does someone know what is the problem?

    Update : the error is on this piece of code in the ext-all.js file :

    v.insertAdjacentHTML(x[0],t)

  2. Quote Originally Posted by watertrac_dev View Post
    This seems to work in IE with no errors thrown for me.
    This error occured to me only in IE9, while in IE10 it was ok.

    I was able to solve the problem.
    The problem was that the div to which I rendered the buttons and the chart where placed inside a table
    with no <tr> and <td> tags.
    Adding the <tr> and <td> tags resolved the problem.

    Thanks.

  3. #2
    Sencha User watertrac_dev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    48
    Answers
    12

    Default Rendering to a div instead of body

    This seems to work in IE with no errors thrown for me.


  4. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watertrac_dev View Post
    This seems to work in IE with no errors thrown for me.
    This error occured to me only in IE9, while in IE10 it was ok.

    I was able to solve the problem.
    The problem was that the div to which I rendered the buttons and the chart where placed inside a table
    with no <tr> and <td> tags.
    Adding the <tr> and <td> tags resolved the problem.

    Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •