Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue running Cmd - 503 Service Unavailable

Sencha Premium Member

Default Issue running Cmd - 503 Service Unavailable

I have just installed SA 3.1.0.1903 on my Mac. I am unable to work on an existing project as I keep getting Sencha Cmd errors. When I try to save my work I get "There was an issue running Cmd. See log for details" within the SA Log console. The next line says "503 Service Unavailable".

Any idea?

My setup is:
    Architect 3.1.0.1903
    Cmd 5.0.2.270
    Ruby 2.0.0p481
    Java 7 update 67

Sencha User

what do you get when you go to the Cmd Line and type "sencha service start"
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member

[WRN] FAILED [email protected]:1842: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    [WRN] FAILED [email protected]: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    [ERR] Address already in use

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by dusty.sirmans View Post
    [WRN] FAILED [email protected]:1842: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    Okay, go to your Task Manager and force close all instances of Java, Sencha Architect, Sencha and even Ruby if any Ruby processes are running. Then fire up Architect again.
    Jason Minnick

Sencha Premium Member

I am on a Mac, but I went into Activity Monitor and the only thing listed as running was Java. I killed it and I still get the same error in SA.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by dusty.sirmans View Post
    I am on a Mac, but I went into Activity Monitor and the only thing listed as running was Java. I killed it and I still get the same error in SA.
    Okay, this only happens when path variables are wrong

http://docs.sencha.com/architect/3/g...ion_setup.html

or when Architect cannot find Cmd. so to accurately test what Architect is trying to do, you'd have to run something like /users/[you]/bin/Sencha/Cmd/[version]/sencha start service
    Jason Minnick

Sencha Premium Member

When I try to start it by running '/users/dusty/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.0.2.270/sencha service start' I get the same error mentioned earlier.

Sencha automatically populated my bash_profile with the following lines during install:

export PATH=/Users/dusty/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.0.2.270:$PATH
    export SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0="/Users/dusty/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.0.2.270"

They look find to me.

Sencha Premium Member

I rebooted and tried running '/users/dusty/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.0.2.270/sencha service start' and it looked like it ran. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do when it starts but it didn't give me an error message.

I Ctrl+C stopped it, then loaded up SA and get the same issue first mentioned ( "There was an issue running Cmd. See log for details" followed by "503 Service Unavailable").

I went back to terminal and tried to start the service again and it give me the "Already in use" error again.

Not sure if this helps.

Sencha Premium Member

After a fresh boot, I don't have to run Sencha from the installed directory, I can just run "sencha service start". So wouldn't that mean my path's are correct in my bash_profile?

When trying to save or publish in SA, I get the previously mentioned error and if I then try to do "sencha service start" it tells me "Already in use".

Sencha Premium Member

Ok, just by chance I noticed something odd. Our work network blocks a lot of sites so we have a proxy server setup for IT to use that is unfiltered. I get something different when I turn OFF the proxy and try to save the project.

-Initializing Cmd
    -"There was an issue communicating with the Cmd server. Check to make sure you have the latest version of Cmd installed. communication failure"

Just to test, I completely disconnected from the network and tried saving again. I get the same new error.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast