Thread: More Precise Log Output in Architect

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Answered: More Precise Log Output in Architect

I am using a custom user extension in SA 3.1. When I add it to a grid, Architect will no longer render the grid in Architect.

It gives me an error message in the log saying: "Design View", "Framework Error: Cannot call method 'apply' of undefined", "Name: myproject Framework: ext42".

When I run my app in a browser, I do not get any errors and everything renders correctly.

What is the easiest way to find the piece of code causing the error?

2. Right now, debugging AUX development is pretty tough because we don't give you access to the canvas. We are discussing ways to make this better, and definitely would like to expose better debugging tools.

However, that doesn't help you today, so here's a bit of info I hope will help:

More often than not, errors like this are a result of default values or functionality that's not being set at runtime. For example, you'll see that when you drag out a regular grid component, Architect has some fake data it creates until you tie it to your own store. This is because it would fail to render in the canvas otherwise, since the component relies on there being data set in order to render.

If your component works in the browser preview -- have you set any configs that your component requires in order to function properly? You may need to add code to your user extension that will set some usable default config values.

Does that help point you in the right direction?

Right now, debugging AUX development is pretty tough because we don't give you access to the canvas. We are discussing ways to make this better, and definitely would like to expose better debugging tools.

However, that doesn't help you today, so here's a bit of info I hope will help:

More often than not, errors like this are a result of default values or functionality that's not being set at runtime. For example, you'll see that when you drag out a regular grid component, Architect has some fake data it creates until you tie it to your own store. This is because it would fail to render in the canvas otherwise, since the component relies on there being data set in order to render.

If your component works in the browser preview -- have you set any configs that your component requires in order to function properly? You may need to add code to your user extension that will set some usable default config values.

Does that help point you in the right direction?
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team