Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not consistant behavior when clicking tabs on top

Sencha Premium Member

Default Not consistant behavior when clicking tabs on top

Here's the scoop

If I am in code view, and have a function open for edit, if I click on a diff. tab on the top (for a diff. component... NOTHING happens... well, nothing, on the 1st click, however, if I am persistent, after the 2nd click it will change focus to the new component.

I love consistency!

Bruce

Sencha Premium User

I was about the post the same thing! I just clicked on a tab representing a formpanel and it showed nothing. I click Refresh, nothing. Click on another tab and back again, nothing. It wasn't until I clicked on a JS resource tab and back again did the formpanel show. My version info:

Sencha Architect

version: 3.1.0.1903
    channel: 3.1-stable
    platform: 1.4.1.960
    cmd: 5.0.2.270
    framework: Ext JS 5.0.x

Bruce are you also on 1903?

I can't get it to happen on 1934 after just a few minutes.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member

on 1934. I can easily reproduce it...

Sencha Premium User

Maybe it's mostly related to Windows? I notice that most Sencha screen shots seem to be from Macs (lucky people, I only get to use one at home; I'm stuck on Windows 8 at work)

Ok let me try my windows machine
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member

umm, I am on a MAC Phil.. This happens often.. not just when I 1st click to edit, but do some "real" work, then click on a tab on the top and I am sure you can duplicate it

Video? Sorry I've tried doing random monkey things ...! :/0
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium User

My problem seems to have gone from bad to worse, with my ClientForm now completely unable to be shown. I now see a lot of "Framework Error: Cannot call method 'createWithId' of null" errors in the log at the bottom.

However, the AdminForm is still demonstrating the problem (although it does show when clicking Refresh this time, normally you need to switch between code in something else and back again). I have no idea why ClientForm is now suddenly unshowable :-(

PS, the ClientForm still actually renders and works just fine in my browser, just not in SA.

Sencha Premium User

Exclamation

I had a look at the recent changes to ClientForm in SVN and one that I thought might be a candidate was an attempt to bind the title field of the formpanel itself, so I disabled the binding and set its title back to ordinary text, and now I'm getting a "Cannot call method 'bind' of null" framework error in the log.

Is Sencha Architect trying to download the associated model from within the IDE itself, and given that it requires authentication and won't actually receive anything, it's just giving up and won't even render the form anymore? If this is the case then this behaviour seriously needs to be switched off by default and/or give the user an option to enable it if they wish. If my suspicions are correct then I don't want it automatically trying to connect to the web service whilst I'm trying to design the form as this will never work in my environment (Windows authenticated web service).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast