Thread: Speed up Architect

Answers

Default Speed up Architect

Architect now has a lot going on behind the scenes and sometimes with slower computers or large projects this can start to bog it down. Speed is always the killer feature in most tools. If you perceive a lack of performance with your setup try these simple tips.

Turn off JSHint
    http://cl.ly/image/2L3Y0I2y2O2K
    Architect will no longer scan your classes to aid in finding javascript errors but it might make editing a bit faster on an older machine or stingy VM.

Turn off built in webserver
    http://cl.ly/image/3a0i012W222F
    If you're not using the built in webserver because you have your own then this is hogging memory that can be better utilized.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

thanks for the painkillers it help alot, but the code-editor is still not as responsive as one could expect it to be.

Answers

Give me more detail...

Large class files?

Machine info? OS, memory, etc...
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

It's just a minor lack in responsive, not a big problem (after following your directions). I'm on Win7 x64/16GB/240GB SSD/i5 sandy. The class (js-file) is less than 1000 lines.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Thanks for the tips, but even with these changes SA feels particularly slow on a largish project.

Other aspects of our project involve Java using the Eclipse IDE and I'm often envious at the speed in which they're able to move throughout the code.

Whilst I'm not working on the beefiest machine (i7-2640M, 8GB, SSD, Windows 7 64), I think it should still be capable of handling SA.

I'll shortly try out the same project on a newer i5 with 16GB running Linux, it will be interesting to compare the speeds.

Sencha Premium Member

Default Same problem for me: slow and buggy

Win OS 7 - 64 bit.

Sencha Architect 3.1 is very slow for the cursor shifts, it does not point the correct text region when you selectto an event and the Find does not locate the text. It's impossible to use that version. I opened a ticket Sencha answered me that is probably related to the CodeMirror component.

Please give us a solution, otherwise it will be a problem to develop in Sencha Architect.

regards

roberto

Answers

Wonder if any are able to share their project privately? I'd like to pinpoint the issue and try to get this fixed.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong

Sencha Premium Member

I'll do in the ticket.