Thread: Using native browser scrolling

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Using native browser scrolling

Is it possible to use the browser's native scrolling behavior, in certain areas of a ST app?

For example, I have a div with "overflow-x: scroll", and overflowing contents. On a mobile device, you can scroll it, with or without Sencha Touch loaded.

But as soon as you call Ext.setup, it does something to prevent this. Is there any way to restore the native scrolling to that div?

(I don't think I can use Sencha's scrolling, because I want the div's contents to determine its height. See my other question about that.)

I'm using Android 4.4 with Chrome, and ST 2.3.1. Sample page:

Code:
    <head>
      [ Sencha Touch JS/CSS ]
      <script type="text/javascript">
        Ext.setup({});
      </head>
    <body>

<pre class="foo" style="overflow-x: scroll">
      this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test
      this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test
    </pre>

Sencha User jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Answers

No you cannot. Mixing Single-page applications like Sencha Touch, where the toolbars are stationary and control of the layout via JavaScript (javascript-influenced CSS3 that is) exists and native scrolling just won't happen. IIRC, someone talked about this being a problem with the Ionic framework & angular JS at PhoneGap day in SF a few weeks ago.