Thread: Child viewModels communication via parent viewModel

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Child viewModels communication via parent viewModel

I know that all data from parent viewModel are accessible for child component. But what if there is reversed situation? For example, I have one main panel with viewModel and two child panels also with viewModels. The first child panel contains combobox, another child panel is a grid with store that has binding filter. When I change combobox value store must reload. Store filter has access to parent viewModel and can be bound to its data.
    But how can I raise data from child to parent viewModel?

Answers

Hi,

There's not a way to do that currently, though there is some discussion amongst the engineers as to how to allow bindings to leapfrog an immediate viewModel.

Sencha User
    Answers

Well, so why does it work https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/dcp. I got confused finally. I think it shouldn't work. Why if I change any child textfield then parent textfield is changed too? Where this behavior is documented?

Answers

It's possible I'm not on the same page with what you're trying to do with your initial post.
    Can you post a test case demonstrating your initial setup and the issue you're seeing there?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Hi everyone. Check out the temporary solution here https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...ish-properties