Thread: Overriding toolbar text color in scss

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Overriding toolbar text color in scss

In my theme within architect, I have added an scss so that I could override some styles within a few of the toolbars I have. In particular I am trying to override the font color for the toolbar.

Here is what I have added that doesn't seem to work:

@include extjs-toolbar-ui(
    $ui: 'myfooter',
    $text-color: #157fcc,
    $background-color: #f78119
    );

The background changes, but not the font color for the text items on the tool bar. I tried the following but get a compile error:

@include extjs-toolbar-ui(
    $ui: 'myfooter',
    $toolbar-text-color: #157fcc,
    $background-color: #f78119
    );

I can change to the toolbar-text-color at the theme level and all the text colors change, but I do not want the change on all of the toolbars.

Am I setting the wrong variable in the scss where I do the override? Any help would be appreciated.

Sencha User

Hi,

There is no $toolbar-text-color variable in the toolbar ui mixin, so you should use $text-color.

Just wondering, how are you inserting text into the toolbar? Since toolbar does not have text property, are you just using html property for this instead?

Sencha Premium User

I am using a tbtext. What property would I set in the scss to change the color of the text for it? I tried using the $text-color but that did not seem to work. Here are the items I have on the toolbar:

items: [
    {
    xtype: 'tbfill'
    },
    {
    xtype: 'image',
    src: 'resources/icons/graybox.png'
    },
    {
    xtype: 'tbtext',
    text: 'Alerts'
    }
    ],

Sencha User

That should work correctly. It seems that this might be a bug in ExtJS, with mixin not working correctly with fonts (it seems font-size and font-face properties also have no effect). I will forward this to Ext team to investigate.

In the meantime, the easiest way to accomplish what you're trying to do is to create a custom class for the specific toolbar in question and add rules to style the font, or add a few rules with the ui class as selector. For example, if your UI name is 'hello' the generated ui class should be 'x-toolbar-hello'. So you can add a line in your scss like this

Code:
    .x-toolbar-hello .x-toolbar-text {
      color: red;
    }

Any progress on this problem? Basically when I change color by $toolbar-text-color everything is fine, however when I try change anything with text- prefix nothing change. Horizontal / vertical spacing works well too.

Code:
    @include extjs-toolbar-ui (
      $ui: 'main-toolbar',

$background-color: $base-color,

$vertical-spacing: 0,
      $horizontal-spacing: 0,

$border-color: transparent,

$text-color: #ffffff,
      $text-font-size: 24px,
      $text-font-weight: 300,
      $text-line-height: 64px
    );

Sencha Premium Member

I am running into the same bug. It seems to me that this is sort of a big deal as we have to write 2 sets of rules for our toolbar ui's in order to work around this, one to define the ui, and then a hard coded selector with the font rules. This bug has been around for at least a year and a half and was ported from ExtJS 5 to 6. It would be nice to get an update on this one.

Sencha User

I just spent quite a while reading about/learning the theming system, and I've run into this almost immediately.