Thread: How to map button toggle groups automatically to specific field in form record

Sencha Premium Member

Default How to map button toggle groups automatically to specific field in form record

I have a set of toggle buttons in a single "toggleGroup" within a form. Conceptually, all 3 buttons correspond to a single "alignment" field in the model backing the form. Thus, I'd like a value corresponding to the pressed button to (i.e., "left", "center" or "right") to be associated with the Model field automatically when the button is pressed. Is this possible? I realize I could put code in the toggle button handler that puts the appropriate value in the single model field, but it seems that this is a common enough situation that there would be an automatic way to accomplish it...

Thanks,
    Brett S.

Answers

Hi,

You can listen to the toggle event from all buttons in the group like in the example below:

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Hi,

You can listen to the toggle event from all buttons in the group like in the example below:

Thanks. Yes. I knew I could set the field manually in the toggle handler, but I was hoping for something more along the lines of "inputValue" for Radio button groups.

Thanks,
    Brett S.

Answers

Brett, I am not sure I am following what you were looking for, but Ext JS 5.x has data binding. That might do what you are looking for.