Ext and Designing HTML-free Client/Server Web-Applications
- There are a lot of smart people here, and I'd like to hear their take on my ideas and writing.
- I use ext extensively, and I'd like to contribute to the community by giving other Ext users input on how one can leverage Ext in client application design (something that comes up often in forums)
- I'm praising Ext (very) much in the series The conclusion reads: I highly recommend ExtJS in developing this type of client application. Ext is extremely useful in M(odel), V(iew) and C(ontroller); for this posting we focused on M, where the Ext features support for:
The blog is:
- concise definition of domain concepts using Ext.data.Record
- client caches (collections) of domain objects, asynchronously linked to a server backend, i.e., Ext.data.Store, Ext.data.HttpProxy
- observer/observable design pattern: Ext.util.Observable
- XML and JSON parsing and mapping to domain concepts (Ext.data.JsonReader, Ext.data.XmlReader)
- and of course Ext itself is highly extensible and event based
The first Ext-specific posting is:
If you have the time and interest, have a read and feed back!
Ext JS Premium Member