Thread: Ext JS 5.1 and SA3.xx?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Ext JS 5.1 and SA3.xx?

Is there some plan to support Ext JS 5.1 when is ready in SA 3.xx?, I would like to know about the roadmap of SA and Ext JS 5.1

regards
    Frank

Answers

Frank -

We support framework releases within a month of when they go GA.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I was about to ask this very question. In fact I was considering copying the 5.1 beta into my project's "ext" folder but that would probably cause no end of problems. I'll wait then, I suppose (which is a pity because I've been holding off on saving my tagfield to a database because currently is so broken it's unusable in 5.0.1).

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

umm, I have been using 5.1 nightly builds for a while and so far, so good. (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!)

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I live behind an evil, corporate, proxy/firewall that requires authentication and getting SA to use the right framework is almost my life's work! So, messing with it is something I'm sure you'd appreciate I'm loath to do. At the moment the "Commercial" radio button under frameworks gives me 5.0.1, which is good, and I'm hesitant to go frigging with it given the pain this has caused me in the past.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

but.. but.. but.. if you download the nightly build, and put it somewhere on your local disk, and point to CUSTOM location and point to that, then there is NO STINKIN firewall involved!

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

The saga continues... Well, I could do that, I guess, but bad juju has occurred in the past when I've done that (i.e., there have still been "localhost" references in the index.html after the build process, which is not very helpful once you copy it to the server!). I guess I've been a hundred times bitten, twice shy, so I'm finding other things to do for now until I summon the strength to deal with the inevitable fallout that will ensue. In an ideal world you would just point all your projects to the same, shared, path instead of each project having it's own needless duplicate of the same thing, but this has seemed beyond Sencha to date.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Exclamation

There's also Cmd to consider. I just installed 5.1.0.13, so what's the deal with Sencha Architect 3.1 and Cmd? Will it pick the latest version on my computer (I currently have 6 in my C:\Users\me\bin\Sencha\Cmd folder).

I looked inside my project folder and there's a sencha.cfg in .sencha\workspace which includes this, so I'm wondering should I edit this to change the version number to the newer one I've installed, since the conclusion to this blog post says we should also be using Cmd 5.1 beta if we're using Ext JS 5.1 beta.

Is it just me or is messing around with my "ext/" folder and the Cmd version in sencha.cfg have a bit of an "unsupported" or a "best of luck to ya if it goes wrong" feel about it?

Sencha Architect is such an important tool that I think it should be considered equally at the same time as Ext JS and Cmd releases. I want a bug-free TagField but should I be taking such risks with my project configuration to get it? I would normally say "no" but I'm desperate, and will give it a go. But I have a bad feeling about this.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

So far, so good. Though one thing I have noticed is that a combobox select event now actually returns the selected (single) record rather than an array with just one element as before. I've been getting the single record from records[0] for years, but it's changed now (even though the docs say it should be just one model as opposed to an array, I've always had to use records[0]).

Oh, and a this.down('#WhateverGrid') is returning a grid with another itemId, not the itemId requested. Bizarre! Still investigating. This may not have been a wise move.

It turns out that a variable referring to a grid outside a function was being replaced somehow (which wasn't in 5.0.1), so I'm now going field.up('#WhateverGrid') to get the grid reference inside the offending change listener.