Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Direct implementation for java (EXt 5)

Hi guys;
    so it looks like there's no formal java impl for Ext.direct for Ext 5.
    whats my best bet? any experience anyone had?
    thanks.

Sencha - Support Team joel.watson's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    joel.watson is just really nice joel.watson is just really nice joel.watson is just really nice joel.watson is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by gkatz View Post
    Hi guys;
    so it looks like there's no formal java impl for Ext.direct for Ext 5.
    whats my best bet? any experience anyone had?
    thanks.
    Hi gkatz--

I moved your thread to the Direct forum so that hopefully it will get more visibility.

That said, have you looked into something like: https://github.com/ralscha/extdirectspring?

Best of luck!

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

well; it requires a spring back end which i don't have...i am looking for something more standalonish like https://code.google.com/p/directjngine/ only with ext 5 support

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team nohuhu's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    nohuhu is a jewel in the rough nohuhu is a jewel in the rough nohuhu is a jewel in the rough

@gkatz,

I'm not familiar with directjngine or any other Java stacks, but there hasn't been any breaking changes between Ext JS 4.x and 5.x, including the upcoming 5.1.0; which means that most of the server side implementations should work as they were if they're not doing something funky.

Support for new features is a totally different matter though, and most of the stacks lag behind the client side significantly. I try to keep my reference stack up to date but cannot vouch for other contributors; since the effort is community driven nobody can guarantee that particular implementation will support all available features and stay updated in the future.

Speaking as a fellow contributor though, I can surmise that directjngine author may be willing to accept pull requests. ;)

Regards,
    Alex.

Thread Participants: 2