Thread: Desktop Sample stylesheets overridden by examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: Desktop Sample stylesheets overridden by examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css?

Hi,

Sorry, still learning the framework (which I think is great) and I have a question from working with the Desktop sample.
    My question is, when I try to change the default style, to say classic, the windows still come up Neptune. If I remove Desktop-all.css (as below), I do get Classic windows, but the sample breaks due to missing resources.
    1) Is there a way to fix this without my hacking into Desktop-all.css?
    2) Is there a way to use cmd tool to fix this; using it to rebuild with desktop app as my source I guess?

Hope this question is reasonable, and if not, my naivety entertaining.
    Thanks.

Here is main part of my classic.html (shows classic, but missing images and other style stuff):
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-theme-classic/build/resources/ext-theme-classic-all.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-charts/build/resources/ext-charts-all.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-ux/build/classic/resources/ext-ux-all.css">
    <!-- If I uncomment line below, Desktop works fine (all images, etc.), but reverts to Neptune theme ->
    <!-- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css"> -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/build/ext-all-debug.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/build/packages/ext-theme-classic/build/ext-theme-classic.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/packages/ext-charts/build/ext-charts-debug.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/packages/ext-ux/build/ext-ux-debug.js"></script>

<script type ="text/javascript" src="../desktop/app.js"></script>
    Last edited by bernoneill; 28 Dec 2014 at 7:35 AM. Reason: clean up,spelling error

2. I was able to make it work; just moved the Desktop-all.css link ref to the top:
    The fact that Desktop-all.css provided Neptune style is unusual?
    I will leave question open for a while and see if I get an interesting comment on that.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-theme-classic/build/resources/ext-theme-classic-all.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-charts/build/resources/ext-charts-all.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/packages/ext-ux/build/classic/resources/ext-ux-all.css">
    <!-- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css"> -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default I forgot that I could use the nature of Colliding Style Sheets (CSS)

I was able to make it work; just moved the Desktop-all.css link ref to the top:
    The fact that Desktop-all.css provided Neptune style is unusual?
    I will leave question open for a while and see if I get an interesting comment on that.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/build/examples/desktop/resources/Desktop-all.css">

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default I figured a way

I really asked two questions:
    1) Is there a way to fix this without my hacking into Desktop-all.css?

2) Is there a way to use cmd tool to fix this; using it to rebuild with desktop app as my source I guess?

I just moved the Desktop-all.css file before others and that worked. Still unsure why that css file, on its own, would override prior Sencha full Themes.
    I will mark as answered. Thanks!