Thread: How about a customer advocate who monitors the forums

Sencha Premium Member

Default How about a customer advocate who monitors the forums

The forums are a GREAT place to get answers to technical issues. I am so glad that they are so active and many times I get answers back in minutes. (or, when the search is working the way I expect it to, can even search for previous answers to questions).

However, there is no one @ Sencha who responds to non-technical issues. (And yes, there are a lot more than just the bitching about the pricing structure). for instance, I have a few questions re: SenchaConn, but I am pretty sure there is no one here who can / will answer them.

Even better, if this person was customer focused!

Bruce

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

We have employees who monitor the forums for technical things but if there is a thread that they cannot answer then they should contact someone internal to look at the thread. There not enough non-technical threads to have someone full time for those threads.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha Premium Member

but Mitch, I have NEVER seen an answer to a question by management, sales, or anyone who is NOT a techie. SO you tell me the questions are forward to them, but they must get lost in the metaverse somewhere....You kids do a GREAT job with techie questions.. you get an A++ but anything else has been ignored.. and that is rude...bruce

Personally, once I pass a thread off to the correct person, I'm hands off that thread. What's thread(s) are you referring to, besides the license change thread?

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium Member

let me ask you instead, where / when has ANYONE from sencha posted anything about Senchaconn, future directions, etc. etc. this forum is void of anything BUT technical support... embarasing...bruce

I haven't seen much in the way of people asking much about SenchaCon on the forums. For that, I see many people asking via Twitter.

Check out my GitHub:

As I recall, Abe Elias used to answer some non-technical questions in the forum. I believe one response was after he left the company.

No-one but marketing can answer non-tech questions in most companies, and as Sencha have a new marketing dept (pretty much), you'd assume they would 'start' communicating like other companies do, rather than leave Mitch to pick up the pieces... Seems they are focused on something else (rebrand, new product, buyout, who knows)