Thread: How to make a Row span grid with extjs 5 ?

Default How to make a Row span grid with extjs 5 ?

How to make a Row span grid with extjs 5 ? in extjs 5 version each row is a table. how to implement a grid with row span and colspan feature.
    Please share me if you have any ideas

Sencha User
    Answers

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to merge cells (or rows) in a grid.

It was kind of tricky, but something like this worked for me using the rowbody feature.
    See http://try.sencha.com/extjs/4.1.1/do...ure.RowBody.1/ for an example of what the rowbody feature means.

Attached is a screenshot of what I got to work, hope this is what you need.
    Note that the rowspan spans 2 rows in the example screenshot, but these 'rows' (<tr> elements) belong to the same record in the grid. What we get is that the last column in the example link is one column spanning 2 rows.

Here's the column definition:

Code:
    {
      width: 150,
      dataIndex: 'Dummy',
      focusCls: null,
      rowSpan: 2,  // <- Unofficial property, added here
      renderer: function(value, meta, record) {
        var data = record.data;
        return '<div class="custom-container">'+record.get("SomeDateField") +          
         '</div>';
      }
    }
    Now, in the grid's initComponent method, override

Code:
    initComponent: function() {
      var me = this;

// Some other setup

me.callParent(arguments);

// Here's the trick. The view instance is constructed but not yet completely initialized.
      // The template code is copied, but the bold, red part is added
      // I didn't find another way to change the view's cellTpl for a specific grid/view
      me.view.cellTpl = new Ext.XTemplate([
             '<td <tpl if="column.rowSpan">rowSpan="{column.rowSpan}"</tpl> class="{tdCls}" {tdAttr} {[Ext.aria ? "id=\\"" + Ext.id() + "\\"" : ""]} style="width:{column.cellWidth}px;<tpl if="tdStyle">{tdStyle}</tpl>" tabindex="-1" {ariaCellAttr} data-columnid="{[values.column.getItemId()]}">',
    '<div {unselectableAttr} class="' + Ext.baseCSSPrefix + 'grid-cell-inner {innerCls}" ',
    'style="text-align:{align};<tpl if="style">{style}</tpl>" {ariaCellInnerAttr}>{value}</div>',
    '</td>'
    ]);
    },
    Hope this is what you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ronald van Raaphorst aka Ronaldo
    I'm a freelance software developer in Java, PHP, and ExtJs.

Skyperonald_twensoc
    Mail[email protected]

Ext JS Premium Member mcouillard's Avatar

I've done this in Ext6 classic without a rowBody. Within a cell renderer you set the meta.tdAttr to use a rowspan="x". Also increase the cell width on meta.tdStyle (applied to the inner div). Then css display:none the subsequent cells. Likely works best (or only) with non-flex column widths.

It's working better than I expected, perhaps partly thanks to the DOM simplification Ext6 has received.

can you explain better

do you have an example?