Thread: How to override SASS variables in the default theme without creating a custom theme?

Katoomba, Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
    Answers

Default Answered: How to override SASS variables in the default theme without creating a custom theme?

Hi. I am missing something obvious I think.

I have read the themeing guide, can create a custom theme, set variables etc.

However I would like to just use the ext-theme-gray and change a few variables without hacking the library theme files themselves. So, I set the theme via the sencha.cfg file and have the default gray theme. All good so far.

Now, following the cited example of setting a base color I created a file myapp/sass/var/Component.scss and set $base-color: #00f !default; as a test. I then rebuilt a production build via sencha cmd but the base color remains #ccc.

What am I missing please?

Thanks,
    Murray

2. Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
    For example, in the demo app generated by Sencha Cmd, the main view is app/view/Main.js, so you'd place the override in app/sass/var/view/Main.scss
    Thanks Brian. I was making a dumb mistake. My Main.js is defined as 'App.view.Main' since I am mapping the loader path as
    PHP Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({

enabledtrue,

paths: {

'App''app'

etc...
        }
    }); 
    so my override needed to be in app/sass/var/App/view/Main.scss rather than app/sass/var/view/Main.scss.

I am spelling that out in case others fall into the same trap.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Murray

Answers

Check out the section "Styling Your Application" in our Theming Guide.

You'll want to override the $base-color variable in whatever your main view is.

For example, in the demo app generated by Sencha Cmd, the main view is app/view/Main.js, so you'd place the override in app/sass/var/view/Main.scss.

Regards,
    Brian

Katoomba, Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
    For example, in the demo app generated by Sencha Cmd, the main view is app/view/Main.js, so you'd place the override in app/sass/var/view/Main.scss
    Thanks Brian. I was making a dumb mistake. My Main.js is defined as 'App.view.Main' since I am mapping the loader path as
    PHP Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({

enabledtrue,

paths: {

'App''app'

etc...
        }
    }); 
    so my override needed to be in app/sass/var/App/view/Main.scss rather than app/sass/var/view/Main.scss.

I am spelling that out in case others fall into the same trap.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Murray