Thread: cell Edit Key Navigation Ext JS 5.1

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default cell Edit Key Navigation Ext JS 5.1

Hello,

I upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.1.0 and on editable cells, the key navigation (arrows, for instance) does not work when you edit a cell.

You can load the following Fiddle either with Ext JS 5.1.0.107 (does not work) and Ext JS 5.0.1.1255 (works)

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/gcj

Thanks,

Hugo

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. I might be missing something here, but it seems that your test case behaves the same in 5.0.1 and 5.1.0. I don't know that I've ever seen arrows used to traverse between editable cells since arrows are also used to navigate within an editable cell. Does right arrow mean skip to next cell or does it mean move one character to the right within the same cell?

I meant the arrows on the keyboard.

Within cell editing...

Start edit a cell then move left or right with arrows... does not work in 5.1.0. Works in 5.0.1.

Sencha User

I was referring to the keyboard arrows as well, but I thought you meant navigation between cells. I see the issue now, where one can't move around within cell. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved already, as I can't reproduce it when running against the latest nightly release of 5.1.1.

Ok good news then!

Is there a way to know the differences between both to correct the issue? I'd like to add an override since I can't rely on nightly builds for production use.

Thanks!

Sencha User

I couldn't find the bug ticket for this fix, and it may have been resolved as part of another issue, so unfortunately it is difficult to know what code changes are involved. You could try comparing files (e.g. CellEditing.js) between releases to see if you can see what changed.

Last edited by Gary Schlosberg; 18 Feb 2015 at 6:07 AM. Reason: fix link