Thread: Groupers with sortProperty are broken

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Sencha User

Default Groupers with sortProperty are broken

Somehow grouping just won't work with sorting.

I'm trying to make a grid grouped by an enumeration called "Status". I started by using the "groupField" property, coupled with the grouping feature. My problem is that I'm trying to sort the groups by a custom function.

1. I put everything in a grouper property, and I tried using the sorterFn function to specify a custom comparison. For some reason, "sorterFn" is not available in the list of properties of the architect for a grouper (even though "groupFn" is ironically there). The sorting didn't work even though my custom function was called and returning the right values (!)

2. I figured it would be a pain to debug it this way, so I added a virtual field in my model which is a rank (basically the same way my sorterFn was done):

Code:
        fields: [
            {
                type: 'string',
                name: 'Status'
            },
            {
                type: 'int',
                convert: function(v, rec) {
                    var statuses = {
                        'Open': 10,
                        'Planned': 20,
                        'Delivered': 30,
                        'Received': 40,
                        'Rejected': 50
                    };
                    return statuses[rec.data.Status] || null;
                },
                name: 'Status_Id'
            }
        ]

And my grouper obviously looks like this:

Code:
                grouper: {
                    property: 'Status',
                    sortProperty: 'Status_Id'
                }
    Producing the following result:

SCIT_Sorting_Bug.png

Awesome, it's ignoring my sortProperty and sorting the groups alphabetically.

3. I tried using sorter but it sorts the rows inside a given group and not the groups themselves.

4. I tested using Status_Id as the grouping properties. The groups were in the right orders (the numeric order was expected to be sort properly) but that's not what I want since I need titles for the groups which are my statuses (e.g. Status: Planned on the screenshot). Ideally, I shouldn't even have to create a Status_Id field, if sorterFn worked as intended. But it doesn't, and neither does sortProperty.

So I have a feeling no matter what sorting method I try to use, the grouper will be sorted alphabetically afterwards.

What's wrong with sorting groupers?

I'm using extjs-5.0.1.

Thanks in advance!

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. This definitely seems like a bug. Can you please post a test case which reproduces the issue?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home

Sencha User

Hey Gary, thank you for your time. https://fiddle.sencha.com/?fiddle=gud#fiddle/gud The grouping works in 5.1.0 and not in 5.0.1! Which is pretty bad considering the Architect is only available for 5.0.

Sencha User

Glad to hear (and confirm) it's been fixed already.

Regarding Architect, it sounds from these posts that we can expect a version very soon that supports 5.1.0.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?295925#4
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?297031#2

Sencha User

I'm really glad you don't have to work on this issue. Still inconvenient for me in the meantime.

Sencha User